Liquid Nitrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we need someone to find out how far any AMD has been clocked... 2.9 with a 64bit or something, i think i remember hearing about...

Oh man.:eek: 5GHz:eek: Liquid Nitrogen Cooling:eek: I wonder what the price would be for that kind of a cooling system, unless you make ur own.

what happens when you take it to superconductive temp levels, are we not talkin much better than 5ghz, cos from what i remember in physics it would be much better tho obviously a P4 doesn't support superconductivity :)

liquid hydrogen!!! anyhow when using "water cooling" system is it possible to replace the water with something else more practical, like is there some other liquid that basorbs heat easier or anything like that? alcohol lol? im just throwing out random ideas here.

Holy Sh**!

Why would you want frost crystals on your CPU? Do you know what happens to circuitry and metal at sub zero tempuratures? It could cause it to crack and what do you think would happen if you spilled some of that liquid nitrogen on to your unprotected motherboard or processer.

Regulus said:
Oh man.:eek: 5GHz:eek: Liquid Nitrogen Cooling:eek: I wonder what the price would be for that kind of a cooling system, unless you make ur own.

Next to the fact that it's quite hazardous it can also kill you. Since you're cpu is boiling the nitrogen, it's evaporating saturating the air with nitrogen, leaving you without oxygen ;)

It's also rather expensive, and difficult to handle. My main argument is that you have to replenish the ammount on nitrogen on your cpu ever few minutes, which would be quite a problem while you're having fun gaming ;)

ShadowDragon said:
what happens when you take it to superconductive temp levels, are we not talkin much better than 5ghz, cos from what i remember in physics it would be much better tho obviously a P4 doesn't support superconductivity :)

I have no idea what effect it'll have on silicon, since it's a semi-conductor, it might aswell turn conductive, making a mess of you precious bits & bytes....

Grey_Pygmy said:
Why would you want frost crystals on your CPU? Do you know what happens to circuitry and metal at sub zero tempuratures? It could cause it to crack and what do you think would happen if you spilled some of that liquid nitrogen on to your unprotected motherboard or processer.

It's common to insulate you motherboard and anything near with styrofoam and vaseline. I doubt it would crack, otherwise these ppls wouldn't have made 5ghz ;)

Liquid nitrogen doesn't conduct, so it won't short circuit your parts, it will freeze them, causing the condensors to burst...

anyhow when using "water cooling" system is it possible to replace the water with something else more practical, like is there some other liquid that basorbs heat easier or anything like that? alcohol lol? im just throwing out random ideas here.

Well so you know....'water' isn't in a 'water cooling' system...it's a combination of 2 things I believe....one being water lol and the other an anti-freeze type solution, so it's not actually 'water' in them anyway....I suppose you could substitute in other liquids, but keep in mind the thing may have been designed for a specific liquid....the pump and whatnot...so putting in an abrasive liquid could eat away components blah blah blah stuff like that......suppose you could try liquid propain :p that should be pretty damn cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom