Mineral Oil Cooled PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
So for science fair this year I am going to cool my PC with Mineral Oil.

I'm going to take my older PC and take all the components out of the case, dunk them into an aquarium filled with Mineral Oil. Then overclock my Pentium 4 Like crazy and record the temps.

Sort of like these guys:
Custom PC's by Puget Systems; Mineral Oil Submerged Computer

Oh and I'll have pics. :)

From some of the research I have done I've discovered that I will need some sort of Radiator to easily transfer the heat from the oil into the air or an Aquarium Cooler (which is also pretty expensive.)

Good Idea, or no?

sounds pretty cool but i thought for science fairs you need some sort of control... and actually do test insted of just showing things ogg

also u might just try using a bubblier like in the video there, i think that would cool down the oil. id use a very old computer so that the cpu wouldnt get that hot, and try gettin somethin with onboard video.

Wow this is seriously pretty sick. I've never even thought of the idea. I'm assuming everything is on default clocks right??

they left the fans in in the article cos they looked cool spinning all slow.
thats a great article! very interesting and a very cool project.

Saw this one a while ago. It's a cool project, I would never try it myself. It's interesting the effect bubbles had on the temps. A 45C max temp is pretty awesome for something that cheap.

I think it will be a neat science fair project because I will have cool graphs of every component in my case.. and I will then show how far I can OC and what temps I get with my oc.

Oh and my question is: "Is Air cooling or mineral oil better at cooling a personal computer?"
So I will be testing both default air cooling, air cooling when OC'd, and the same with mineral oil.

Oh and I'm using my older PC, so no worries.

That would be sweet to have. Only problem is what if there is a leak? When I say that I mean for like every day use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom