Is this a good starter watercooling kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill be mounting it externally. Will I need to drill holes? Like I said before, will I run the tubes through the PCI slot? Also, what should I use to take the old thermal paste off? When I put the new stuff on, pea sized blob in the middle? thanks guys!

Yes you can put the tubes threw a pci slot, or you could drill holes in the back. You should use a coffee filter to take off the old thermal paste, and if u can get your hands on some alcohol (91% purity and up is best) that combined with the coffee filter works wonders.

Since you have a dual core the dot, or line method would do. I would use the dot method though, just personal preference.

^oh, sorry, i forgot to put that in my last post.

If you have a rear 120 mm fan mount, then you can put the adapter that that kit comes with onto it with just fan screw, or the screw that come with the kit, then hook up the radiator to that. It does not look very difficult, so you should not have a problem.

If you don't have a rear 120mm fan mount, you will have to buy an adapter, say the back fan is 80mm, you would have to buy a 80, to 120mm fan adapter.

i have a 120mm in the back, so it should all work out. UPS is scheduled to deliver thursday, cant wait!. Also, should I go distilled water+UV blue dye they give me, or anti freeze+distilled water? Or what if I did antifreeze, distilled water, and the dye all together? would it make it blue still? thanks again!

at school right now (in graphic arts) Cant wait to get home and see if it came. I have to go buy some distilled water on the way home. how much do I need? Also will distilled water+the UV dye be good? Im not gunna use antifreeze.

wow... its been 6 hours and still it is not up. I regret buying this VERY MUCH. This is so hard... I have everything connected, hooked up all thats left to do is fill it. This is my loop: radiator>t-line>pump> up to the cpu> out of the cpu to the radiator. First of all there are wires EVERYHWERE, and I have no room for anything. The pump is slanted because it wont sit straight, I am short 1 clamp for the radiator (gunna just use a zip tie). Now, for filling it I have all my pc parts hooked up (except cd drive adn the hard drive) I hve some paper towels down inside the pc. when I turn it on, it makes a hi pitched beep. I have it kinda slanted so some coolant can shoot up through the pump so I can shut it off, and add more, but I stop because idk what this noise is. I have no clue how the **** I would EVER change the water or take this thing off, it seems impossible without ruining everything. I do not know what I have gotten myself into. Someone PLEASE help me. I am ready to break down. $240 for this? Risk of destroying my pc? Why did I do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom