The hideous pitfalls of the X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
show me ONE test of a previous gen card even coming CLOSE to equal performance as the X800pro

sorry but the X800 is about 9000 in 3dmark03

and the 9800xt is about 6500 in 3dmark03

yes i know that is synthetic tests but it still gives you a general idea of how much better the X800 is. If it wasn't better why would they come out with it.

Here we go with the stupid 3dmark03 tests that don't mean a damn thing. It gives you no idea on anything. It is a skewed test.

how about the doom 3 tests???
Do you accept that??

at 1024x768 at high quality, 4xAA and 8x AF the x800 pro gets around 45 FPS, the x800 xt gets about 60 FPS. The 9800XT only gets about 30 FPS which is considerably LESS than the previous two card scores.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQyLDM=

Yes the x800 isnt as good as the 6800 but you are being ignorant if you think that previous generation cards are better than it. What are you even basing that on??? You say 'hardly' but the truth is, they are a newr generation and perform better than all previuos cards IN EVER SINGLE TEST (not just 3dmark03(which is still a valid test)).

You have no proof for what you are saying, your are just ati bashing...

sithspawn said:
how about the doom 3 tests???
Do you accept that??

at 1024x768 at high quality, 4xAA and 8x AF the x800 pro gets around 45 FPS, the x800 xt gets about 60 FPS. The 9800XT only gets about 30 FPS which is considerably LESS than the previous two card scores.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQyLDM=

Yes the x800 isnt as good as the 6800 but you are being ignorant if you think that previous generation cards are better than it. What are you even basing that on??? You say 'hardly' but the truth is, they are a newr generation and perform better than all previuos cards IN EVER SINGLE TEST (not just 3dmark03(which is still a valid test)).

You have no proof for what you are saying, your are just ati bashing...

That's not what the damn point is here. My point is, is it really worth it buying the x800 in the first place? You are the ignorant one. You don't know a damn thing you are talking about. That's not my problem really. The 3dmark03 is not a valid test. Learn how to spell.

You know what the problem with this is? It just isn't true. The x800 cards do not do a good job. Even previous generation cards have it biting dust.

if we are so wrong, explain this:

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-31.html

GROW UP! :amazed:

seriously, i agree that the 6800 series owns the X800 series, but there is not way that the FX5900 - even if it is overclocked - would normally beat the X800Pro in games, or synthetic benchmarks.

Just because Beedubaya has a faulty card doesnt instantly mean that all of the X800Pro's are crap, its just this card.

I do agree that synthetic benchmarks are not always accurate, but they do give you a general idea of how your computer will be able to cope with games.

Beedubaya: it could be that there is a conflict between the card and DX9.0 because you said it runs DX8.0 games beautifully. yet its got problems with running DX9.0 games.

lol. sorry my keyboard is on the way out and some keys get stuck :p.

Look im not saying that we should all go out and buy the x800. I would much much rather go and get a 6800 ultra. But YOU are claiming that the x800 gets beaten by previous generation cards, and are providing no back-up. I completley agree that the x800 is NOT a good investment, but what you are claiming is wrong. i do know what i am talking about here cause unlike you i have provided evidence to back up what i am saying...

your claiming a bunch of bulls$#t and saying its fact which it very clearly isnt.

Giancarlo said:
That's not what the damn point is here. My point is, is it really worth it buying the x800 in the first place? You are the ignorant one. You don't know a damn thing you are talking about. That's not my problem really. The 3dmark03 is not a valid test. Learn how to spell.

AHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHH

HA

"I'm an ATI basher and i say stupid things like previous gen cards are better than newer gen cards"

"The 9200se DOMINATES the X800pro"

"Blah blah blah i'm stupid"

"I make fun of peoples spelling instead of backing up my "facts"

"When my "facts" get shot down I say "thats not the point" and come out of the blue with some other true fact in a pathetic attempt at trying to make me look like i know something."

How about you back up ANYTHING you state?

I have yet to see any previous gen card even come close to an X800pro.

And don't even say thats not what you said

DIRECT QUOTE
"You know what the problem with this is? It just isn't true. The x800 cards do not do a good job. Even previous generation cards have it biting dust."

NEVER in a million years could a 9800xt or 5950ultra even with extreme -50C temps OCed to the max ever reach the performance of the X800pro.

People like you piss me off. Instead of trying to help the guy with the problem, you piss on his equipment with incorrect information. Please don't post on Tech-Forums.net anymore.

Disclaimer- I am not always an ass...just some people.......

Raekwon said:

Beedubaya: it could be that there is a conflict between the card and DX9.0 because you said it runs DX8.0 games beautifully. yet its got problems with running DX9.0 games.

Isn't 3DMark03 a DX9 based benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom