Possible stupid Q... X4 vs X2..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock.
What other bit? and no, it's not that far.
Not when you've had a good look at what SB750 is doing for Phenom's, and add the fact that Phenom wasn't really designed for 65nm

3.4 to 4.0ghz is a big stretch... its a huge stretch actually..
i know running 3.4 ghz in a quad was cake walk... but once you get to 3.8-4.0.. you need to pump some serious volts..
and not only that apok..

that sb whatever board is the only board that overclocks right??

you can pick up just about any p35 and take a quad to 3.6ghz....

every intel mid range board will take you to a high oc with a q series cpu

in terms of clock speeds... and things that matter in life... unpacking, zipping, converting... the intel core 2 quads eat up the phenoms

and i've been checking for phenom overclocks on xs plenty of times... and let me tell you, there are not alot of success stories..
and not only that... most amd's have a horrible cold bug and wno't budge on LN2... so it won't be taking no records anytime soon

if phenom was so great.... there would much much more news going on about it.... but there isnt

now i'm not saying its a bad cpu... not at all,it holds its own.... but in a world of overclocking... forget it

anyway, Antec-User, you can get a combo deal at newegg:
Newegg.com - MSI DKA790GX Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
SB750 board + 9950 BE for $299

I found one today and I ALMOST hit the button for!! If it's all the same, I'm gonna stay ASUS boards. I was warmed against MSI. Thanx for the help.. THere was too much blue in here and I don't know enough to argue, but I've asked around and all my buddies say that AMD are more stable and last longer. Intels MAY be faster, but for how long? -Durability wise.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - ASUS M3A78-T AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

See if this works:
Newegg.com Shopping Cart

amd's last longer, you can't say there is any proof a phenom will last longer than a kentsfield/yorkfield...

why??

because they're both too new

and do you honestly think you'll keep a cpu for 10 years???

i've got a celeron, and a pentium 3 that i have been using for 10 years now...

i have owned

an amd:
3500+
3800x2 (both s939 and am2)
fx62
fx70 (dual socket 1207)
and an opteron 146

also have owned intel:
e6600
q6600 (2 of em)
q6700
e2180
pentium 4 w/ht (3.0ghz)
pentium 3 700 mhz
celeron 700mhz

and i can honestly say that i am in huge favor of intel.. HUGE FAVOR....

if you wanna speak to anyone about what is good.. and what isnt.... it would be me.. why?!?! i've owned more new hardware than anyone else on this forum!!!

my cd's burn faster... i unpack large rar files and iso's much faster... everything is just smoother

I didn't say a quad, did I? I meant in general...

My Pent 3 crashed 3 years ago, replaced it w/ a Pent 4, that was a POS and then I built this rig I have now... That POS lost ALL of my photos and information! Cheap a$$ pre built store computers..

in general... any intel dual core is better...

my old e8500 hit 4.0ghz... WITH EASE... it was childs play...

you could pick up an e7200 and cream any amd dual core cpu..

i've ran a 3.0ghz fx62

and 3.0ghz dual fx70's.... and still.. my intel e8500.. and even intel e6600 ran better than those dual cores

i'm just trying to say... you will get more out of your money buying intel...

go ahead and buy amd if you wish... but i made the mistake of buying an fx60.. and fx70's... god i wish i hadnt bought them at the time...

its your money. buy what you want. we're just telling you from experience.
like nos i have had several chips from both:

socket A thunderbird 1600+ (thats right lol)
x2 4200 windsor
x2 3600 brisbane
x2 5000 brisbane black (god i loved this chip)

a celeron lappy
p4 prescott (aka "the space heater")
q6600
e8400
q9450
and i think i even have a pentium II (which is before my time, and im old) out in the shop that runs at like 233 mhz. holy crap why do i have this stuff lol...

and im tellin ya, the intels are faster at most things you are going to do. the AMD's are great chips and will do what you want. we're just speaking from our experience. enjoy your pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom