Worklog: Spidey Senses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut the emblem out of the backside, put a white/blue-white liner behind it. Maybe even space it 1/4-1/2" and put a soft light above and below it to give it a soft luminescence... maybe even use black lights for it. In fact, black lights would do great for the interior as well.

The idea of a web cut-out on the side panel sounds great. It would be wicked if you used something to give the "webbing" texture. Maybe even paint the texture to resemble the webbing from the comics.

Be sure to look into EL wiring, to give a ghostly cobweb effect to the interior.

This looks like it could be good. I know he wants to stay away from red and blue spider man theme and focus more on venom, but what if somewhere in the back when you paint it you make a portion of it look red and blue, but it looks like it's being taken over (or fighting) the black and silver? Just putting the idea out there...

Less important but I have to ask:
Are you going AMD on this build for the parts? :)

This looks like it could be good. I know he wants to stay away from red and blue spider man theme and focus more on venom, but what if somewhere in the back when you paint it you make a portion of it look red and blue, but it looks like it's being taken over (or fighting) the black and silver? Just putting the idea out there...

Less important but I have to ask:
Are you going AMD on this build for the parts? :)

Lol, you thinking phenom....dual theme :p

I don't know what he wants in it at this point....i think he's just going to transfer over his current rig which is a 5000 BE, evga 590, SLI xfx 8800gt. He's a young guy in school so I doubt he'll be spending much on the guts right now.

That would be a cool affet the venom taking over the blue and red....i'll pitch it to him.

Cut the emblem out of the backside, put a white/blue-white liner behind it. Maybe even space it 1/4-1/2" and put a soft light above and below it to give it a soft luminescence... maybe even use black lights for it. In fact, black lights would do great for the interior as well.

The idea of a web cut-out on the side panel sounds great. It would be wicked if you used something to give the "webbing" texture. Maybe even paint the texture to resemble the webbing from the comics.

Be sure to look into EL wiring, to give a ghostly cobweb effect to the interior.

That does sound awesome and is along the same line I was thinking...one problem is the side panel behind the mobo where the spider cutout would go has a ridged cross member for support that almost backs right up on the case panel so that there is no space between them which is where I'd want the sheet of plexi and the space for lighting affect. I plan on cutting a chunk out for wire management but I'd have to pretty much remove the entire beam for a nice lighting affect...will have to look at it and maybe figure something out.

As for the exterior webbing affect, that's what I like too, and is what I wanted to do but he want as super gloss black paint job, smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm not too thrilled about that. Normally I like a paint job in ultra gloss but not when there is so much hand dremel work, shows every little glitch, better to get it laser cut or watercut for that kind of paintjob....but he is adamant. The joys of working with a client :p

i think the feet rule. flip them out! set them free!

Lol, I'll get you a pic...lol, they have their moments.

The feet are very similar to the 3daurora's feet
11-233-013-03.jpg

From what I can see when they are folded in I mean.

so, put together some quick ideas....nothing is final yet. Not sure i'm going to get this mod done before the cold weather hits, just got my course schedule and i have an exam every two weeks for the next four months...joy!

Here are the quick sketch ups, this should be a fun "little" dremel mod. I plan on two drives, both stealthed. I'm also not a big fan of the vertical vents on the top and bottom, I may come up with something for them.

front42.jpg

For this one I'll cut out the gray parts leaving the "web" mesh, this will make the window.
leftside.jpg

rightsidefinal.jpg

Any idea what make / model of case that is? Looks like what I am after for a lab rig i want to build.

Any idea what make / model of case that is? Looks like what I am after for a lab rig i want to build.

I can't find a brand on it anywhere...or model/serial number. Have turned it inside out looking for one. I'll check again tomorrow when it's light out :p

like the giant spider. thats sick.

Same here...should be a good dremel challenge getting that cutout nice enough that it doesn't look noobish.

I've been thinking of making an additional cutout of the spider out of acrylic and then mounting that cutout over this cutout, it would be mounted a 1/4" off the case with mounting screws so that I can backlit it with LED to create a glowing affect around the edges. works in my head, maybe will work in RL, will have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom