Ocing Q6600 past 3.2 GHz on an eVGA 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhhhmmm, I'm not sure about that Vernong. I know i have the A2 revision. I don't know about SE, though. I have clocked it at 3.2 GHz, which is pretty good, I just wanted to take it the step further, to 3.6 GHz.

I'll check it out when i get home from work tonight.

Wow.. A2 revision?

Most of the good overclocks with a 680i here were with A1's...

So I think you have a bad VID Chip possibly?

Wow.. A2 revision?

Most of the good overclocks with a 680i here were with A1's...

So I think you have a bad VID Chip possibly?

he does have the A1 version of the board its just that they did a few things to it and revised it to A2, the only way u can tell that is in cpu-z. i parsonanally have the a2 revised model and ive run my q6600 at 3.8 and my q6700 up to 4.1. so i personally dont think there is much of a diff in them.

also a easy way of telling if u get the SE version is if your mb box looks like this:
51rULwgNIrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

and also in ur sig sence u say its an xfx board and i think only EVGA made the SE version, ur prolly safe in that aspect

Yha Vern, that was my thought too.

Nice Stalin, That pic came in handy AGAIN.

lol yea ive used it plenty of times lol

i don't have my box anymore....is there any other way to tell if it's SE? will it say in CPUz?

also if it's not my revision i don't know what else i would of had to change, i have it at 1600 9x multiplier, adjusted all voltages accordingly. Would i have to lower the multiplier and go higher on fsb, because perhaps 1600 has a hole? I've used 1600 x8 to run 3.2, though, so i didn't think it was a fsb hole. Plus i don't know how much higher i can go above 1600. I'm kind of stuck

but first i have to check if i got the SE....although i don't think i got that one. I got my eVGA MB last October, almost a year ago now.

Okay, is it really 1600 or is it 400?

Cause unless you reporting it wrong, 1600x9 is like a gagillion Mhz, where as 400x9 is 3600Mhz.

My 680i bios is set with the lower number... ak 333mhz in my oc.

in mine i have to set it to the higher number 1600/4 is 400MHz.

same thing.

so will it say in cpuz if i have the SE version?

My model number is just shown as 122-CK-NF68.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom