9800gtx+ or HD 4850/70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK powercolor doesn't offer any sort of warranty on its products, though I may be wrong. Therefore I'd go for the Asus or Sapphire.

I've never had a problem with Asus if your concerned about warranty on the card. But don't be to concerned. I'd go with whatever is cheaper and better which seems to be the sapphire.

Pencil modding it makes it beat a GTX 280.. which is a pretty big deal

yeah i agree, overclock it, some of the o/c's people get here is crazy, was it guruscan who made his beat gtx280? but anyway thats crazy! for a $200 card (AUS)

as for the cooler, the powercolour one actually doesnt look like its that good at all anyway. just go with a HIS, ive had a couple of 4870 HIS cards and never had any problems, also overclock and kept extremely cool! when the fan was turned up only a lil. <10%

Great lol.

The friggin 9800gtx+ is already done and shipped. Kinda sucks. Theres a gtx260 for $250 now, I almost wish I wouldve got that.

Is the 4850 really faster than the 9800gtx+? The 9800 has higher core speeds but less processing cores than the 4850.. is that what makes it faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom