Ocing Q6600 past 3.2 GHz on an eVGA 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
Is it possible to OC a q6600 past 3.2Ghz, hopefully in the 3.6 GHz range on the eVGA 680i boards?

I was messing around with it yesterday cranking my voltage pretty high, i got it to boot at probably 1.450 volts but right when i ran prime95 it crashed instantaneously, so i changed everything back. I've heard some people on the board say these motherboards are tough to get past 3.2 GHz. Any tips? is it even possible? I have not touched my ram either, would OCing my ram a bit increase my CPU's stability at higher clocking? Thanks.

Which board, A1 or the other one.

If you look through the OC sticky, you'll see a lot of examples of this setup, with 3.6Ghz. It's also chip based.

Have you played with the N and S bridge V's?

I don't know which board I have nor how to check which I have.

I'll check out the sticky thread.

And I have no idea what the N and S bridge V's are.

Ahhh, should i be tweaking these with my OC?

I'll have to check out my BIOS when i get home from work.

Ok, so i have the A2 revision, says CPUz. I'm pretty sure that's the harder revision to work through.

I went into BIOS and poked around and could only find 3 other voltage options:

nForce SPP - 1.40v

nForce MCP - 1.50v

HTnForce SPP <-> MCP - 1.20v

I don't know if any of those are the north/southbridge voltages. It didn't really give too much of a description on what each option was. And I don't know which would be north or south : /

If these are the right voltages, should I increase the north one at about the same increment I would my cpu voltage? .025?

i use these they never gave me any problem, p30 bios. your memory and cpu voltage will be different prolly. this might help u also:http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/q6600-g0-680i-wont-go-above-2-8-a-166618/

also mcp is north bridge and ssp is south.
mattspictures304io3.jpg

after poking around a bunch and changing some stuff, i really couldn't get a stable OC at 3.6 GHz. I got it to boot to windows but usually after trying prime it would bsod after a couple seconds. Also, my voltages were getting way too high to just to get in windows. I think it was like 1.46 or something.

Thanks anyways guys.

I'm starting to think you have a 680i SE... if you do.... give up on oc'ing a quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom