Newegg just ripped me off? What the!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So I just bought an LG monitor which Luke (member here) recommended me.

and this is my recipt.

1 x ($259.99) MONITOR LG|L226WTQ-BF 2MS(GTG) BK R - Retail
$259.99

1 x ($8.00) Electronic Waste Recycling Act15-34
$8.00

Whats the electronic waste recycling act? NEWEGG YOU RIPPED ME OFF! I am actually buying to use it! not to throw it away! omg, just mad about that 8 dollars which are not mentioned. (well at the end I knew I just had to pay that to get the monitor) BUT THIS IS A RIP OFF!!! Don't you guys think the same way?

They might have been forced to do it, similar to how cars with big engines have to pay a "gas tax"

I doubt they charge that themselves. It's most likely a charge that is forced upon them by your state government.

"Starting 2005 in California, all monitors/LCDs will be charged a fee for recycling. Displays less than 4" in size will not be affected."

That's what I picked up online

I don't think Ric0h lives in California...

But I think it applies to Newegg's HQ

Yeah california too, but this is just lame.... Why do they keep it hided until the the final final check out? Its as if they dont want people to know until they very end.

And whats the fee for? I will not recycle that in mexico lol

Note: I live in san diego, california, and in tijuana, mexico, they are very few miles apart.

^^^ i doubt it's that, i bought a monitor like 2 months ago and wasn't charged that ...so it has to be something really new they started

It's essentially an act created by the tree huggers to reduce the use of certian materials in LCD/Plasma/CRT displays over 4 inches diagonially. The tax you had to pay was created to help enforce that. If newegg were to violate that, they would be slapped with a 5,000 dollar citation per offense. Although, some retailers pick up the tax on behalf the consumer.. newegg ain't one of them.

Good ol California.

Yeah california too, but this is just lame.... Why do they keep it hided until the the final final check out? Its as if they dont want people to know until they very end.

And whats the fee for? I will not recycle that in mexico lol

Note: I live in san diego, california, and in tijuana, mexico, they are very few miles apart.

Oh you had it shipped to California then?

Ok thats it then, it just applies to where it gets shipped to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom