9800gtx+ or HD 4850/70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that ranking is correct, I'm pretty sure the 9800GTX+ is better than the 8800 Ultra

9800gtx+ is a tad better then 4850 and is around the same price now too, get which ever one is cheaper
No, the 4850 is better and usually is cheaper by a good $20
Yeah, does that help with cooling or does it up the power/ability of the card? I know the 45nm intels are better than the 65nm ones, but i dont know much more than that lol
it runs a little cooler, and it also overclocks better from what I hear. But still...
Not exactly, depends on how good the core is, just because its smaller it doesn't necessarily mean its better. It just means its going to be less power hog and have lower temps
I thought they OC'd better, but I could be wrong and I have no link proving it or experience.
I dont think that ranking is correct, I'm pretty sure the 9800GTX+ is better than the 8800 Ultra
Maybe. Debatable.

Ok, I got an example... 9500gt has a smaller die than the 8800gt, that doesn't necessarily mean its better right? Also there are some really low clocked 45nm's that might not beat the 65nm high end (I'm talking about the Pentium Dual-Core Wolfies coming out soon)

yea its is a tad faster , just runs cooler its for 169 now but u can get 4850s for around 150 now after rebate

I'm more of a nvidia guy, so if there is really no performance boost of the hd4850 over the 9800gtx+ then ill prbly get the nvidia. and the 280 of the 4870 isnt really worth it to me, $70 is a pretty large amount of money.

Anyhow, thanks a ton everyone

Ok, I got an example... 9500gt has a smaller die than the 8800gt, that doesn't necessarily mean its better right? Also there are some really low clocked 45nm's that might not beat the 65nm high end (I'm talking about the Pentium Dual-Core Wolfies coming out soon)

Ah, well they still SHOULD oc better. I thought the 9500gt had the same core as the 8500gt? woops. I need to go read that thread/link again.

I'm more of a nvidia guy, so if there is really no performance boost of the hd4850 over the 9800gtx+ then ill prbly get the nvidia. and the 280 of the 4870 isnt really worth it to me, $70 is a pretty large amount of money.

Anyhow, thanks a ton everyone

Ok, to put it frank and silence all awful misinformed rumors:

4850 > 9800GTX+
4850 cheaper than 9800GTX+
4850 has dual slot cards available for purchase as well!

Basically, the 4850 will see much better performance in almost any game. Especially those that like to use high anti-aliasing (AA).

If you go with the 9800GTX+, it will still do well, but would be an uneducated consumer decision. Accross the board, the 4850 is the thing you should buy. Not to mention, Intel chipset motherboards are much more reliable so that would be a good next upgrade if you don't already have an X38/P35/X48/P45 motherboard.

Ok, to put it frank and silence all awful misinformed rumors:

4850 > 9800GTX+
4850 cheaper than 9800GTX+
4850 has dual slot cards available for purchase as well!

Basically, the 4850 will see much better performance in almost any game. Especially those that like to use high anti-aliasing (AA).

If you go with the 9800GTX+, it will still do well, but would be an uneducated consumer decision. Accross the board, the 4850 is the thing you should buy. Not to mention, Intel chipset motherboards are much more reliable so that would be a good next upgrade if you don't already have an X38/P35/X48/P45 motherboard.

Thank you!! Since nobody listens to the 16 year old teenager giving advice...

Ooh, I need to mention the Fan Hack for the HD 4850... so nobody gives crap about the HD 4850 running hot, furthermore its still inaudible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom