Windows Explorer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
When going into "My Computer" using Windows explorer nothing is displayed and it only has a flashlight moving back an forth. Everything else is normal. Is this a registry error? Do I need to repair/reinstall Windows?

How long do you wait? That flashlight symbolizes that Windows is workign ot find the information.

So if you only wait 30 seconds before you get upset and close it out that might not be enough time.

Also what else do you have running? What are your system specs? What OS are you running?

xp pro
q6600
9600gt
4gb ram

it has worked fine up until yesterday(1-3 sec before all HDD's were recognized and displayed), i've tried restarting a few times but it still is much much slower than it has ever been.

PS it displayed after i let it search for about 2-3 min

Have you gone thru our guide for Spyware Removal? You do realize that running XP with 4GB of RAM is not getting you more performance right?

yeah i used to run vista but compatibility(sp?) issues with my school's network made me go back to XP. I was considering switching back over to vista but I just like XP too much. i'll go look at that guide, thx for the help!

what do you mean mapped networked drives? i have a 74gb raptor, 250gb western digital, and a 250gb external.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom