Clock is slow, keeps loosing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webwolf

Solid State Member
My clock keeps loosing time. In a day I loose about 40 minutes.

My computer is a Compaq Presario S6000CL(Just bought it in February, 2004.)
Pheonix AwardBios Core Version 6.0 BIOS Revision 3.05 11/27/2003
VIA VT8237 SouthBridge(I believe, Compaq is no help in figuring this out, or anything else.)
AMD Athlon XP 2800+

I am running Suse 9.1 and Windows XP. The clock has the same problem in both os'.

Any one have any ideas on the problem or a solution?

Thanks.

Webwolf

I will give that a try in the next couple of days and post the results. The computer isn't that old. I thought the battery would last a little longer then that. I have a 486 that still has the original battery in it, lol. It works, though it doesn't get much use anymore :( .

Webwolf

hmm, have tried to look in date and time properties?
go to internet time then check "automatically synchronize with an internet time server".

WeHa said:
hmm, have tried to look in date and time properties?
go to internet time then check "automatically synchronize with an internet time server".

Yep. Tried that. I can keep the time accurate that way but I want to find out why it is doing this in the first place. When I was using Mandrake it had a program that automatically synchronized the clock. I need to find a good one(one I like,) to use with Suse.
I am not to worried about XP. I only use that for games.

My computer is about six months old.

Webwolf

ur battery should have lasted longer than that. but more than likely its your cmos battery.

I have a friend that has a Dell 8300 seriers and his battery went out after about 6 months. It may be defective....just think,...all hardware you get for your computer is not always perfect. If a motherboard can go out in a few months, so can a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom