Storage- Seagate Sata 250Gb $75
CPU- Intel E8400 2.4Ghz 8mb cache $209
Ram- DD2-800 1Gb x 2 Kingston $59
Video card- Gigabyte Nvidia 9800GT $199
Motherboard- Gigabyte ER45-Ds3 $149
Casing- Cooler Master 690 $115

Total=about $800

Now questions
1. do i need to install my own BIOS onto the motherboard or is it included already
2. I have my old computer and i was wondering if i plug in my c drive do i still need to install windows XP? or would it still boot normally
3. for my motherboard if it doesn't have a VGA for my monitor how do i receive images?
4. should i wait till Intel i7 to come out so that dual core would be cheaper?

Side question
1. well long story short, my mum made my brother ****ed off and so he kinda literally ripped out his VGA port, and now he wants to fix it. So i looked around and tried to find a alternate solution. I think, but not very sure, that there is a slight on reviving his comp because have a look at http://ssa.tm.agilent.com/e5052b/manuals/webhelp/eng/rearpanel.png
He still have number 15 left (the greenish blue color port) is that port for monitors? because if it is i would want to try find an adapter for it so the computer can be still used.

2. Is setting up a water cooling kit easy? because i wanna try install it into my comp. Any recommendations? If its too hard don't worry then =P
~any comment would be a help thank you~

1. The motherboard already has bios when you get it.
2. You will need to reinstall xp.
3. You plug the monitor into the video cards output.
4. It will be a while before i7 dual cores are released so the prices on the current ones shouldn't change much.

S1. That other port is a serial port and is not for monitors. The only way you can fix his system is to get a new video card.
S2. Good water cooling is pretty expensive. I'm not sure how hard it is so I'll leave that to one of the members who has experience with water cooling to answer.

The 9800gt is just a renamed 8800gt. I recommend getting a a ATI HD 4850 if it will fit in your budget. If not just get a 8800gt.

You did not list the power supply you will be using. I recommend getting a Corsair 550vx.

The 9800gt is just a renamed 8800gt. I recommend getting a a ATI HD 4850 if it will fit in your budget. If not just get a 8800gt.

You did not list the power supply you will be using. I recommend getting a Corsair 550vx.

ok thanks =D
I'm getting my power supply off my friend it gives me 600w
and Is there i huge amount of difference between 8800gt and 8800gts???
The shop is selling 9800gt cheaper then 8800gt so that's why i thought of buying it.

LoL thx :D

Alright then the 4850 should be around $190 where you are? and the 9800gt $159?

Try and stretch for a 4850, but if not the 9800gt is basically the same.

i'm NSW in maroubra~BUT don't stalk me ok? XD
well i'm getting the idea that people here thinks Redon>Nvidia?
Trying to save as much money possible but still have ok~ performance

Well we just try to give you the best bang for buck, which ATI are.

Since the 9800gt is cheaper, go for that. It is only a tiny bit worse than the 4850, i think in some cases it's better.

Since the 9800gt is cheaper, go for that. It is only a tiny bit worse than the 4850, i think in some cases it's better.

Errmmmmmmmm..... no....................
The 4850 destroys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom