8800gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
What OS are you running? Cant give you directions without knowing which version of Windows you run.

Also this still might not solve your issue as once you reinstall you can get this issue back with the wrong set of drivers installed.

running vista 32 bit an it onyl started once i installed the driver that came with my graphics card, i tried rolling it bsck but still isnt working even tried driver cleaner but still BSOD's occuring it is quiet weird.

Did you use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove the drivers and then install the latest ones for your video card?

Use DCP and then restart. You should see that you have a bad resolution and a low color. This is a good sign that the drivers were removed. IF not then go into the device manager and then uninstall the drivers. Then reboot.

Upon the reboot this time you should see what i said above. From there go to the net and get the right drivers. the most current set for your card from teh manufacturer's site. Can do it before you uninstall the drivers as well.

Then just install them. Then reboot again and should be good to go. I just ran into this myself yesterday. I was getting crashes left and right after 5 minutes of loggin in to Vista. Uninstalled the drivers installed the newer set and all god now. Been up and running for over 24 hours without a crash.

i thought i did but i probabaly didnt do it properly lol, ill re do an see if there is a improvement, cause i really need to get it up an running again
thanks heaps for all your help so far

i just finished cleaning the systems an it appeared to be working fine 1 hour no bsod, then i was hit with one. I dont know if it was jsut random an wont happen again but this is teh stop messaage it dispalyed for me

Irql_not_less_or_equal
stop: 0x0000000a (0xbb1ffffc, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x81e4b85c)

if anyone has seen a simlar message liek this please help, but hopefully it wont happen again the driver cleaner seemed to reduce the bsod's alot.
thansk heaps guys

There is still a driver error. Since you cleaned the Video Drivers it has to be a different driver that is causing this.

any idea which driver could be casuing this still, the onyl other driver i can even remember installing any tiem recently was jsut a vista update. They have stopped being so frequant which is good an i can work on it again, which is great lol but i would like to weed out the problem completly so if anyone could suggest anything else it would be great you have beena huge help mak213 thanks!!

You haven't changed any other hardware other than your video card?

There are drivers for every piece of hardware on your computer elreece. If the event viewer isn't saying anything either then start going through all of your hardware. Do an audio and USB driver reinstall next. Those are two drivers that tend to cause several crashes. USB especially since you can pretty much plug anything in that can potentially screw them up.

Have you checked for any driver updates? Maybe you need a driver update for your sound device since you have SP1 installed. There was a driver conflict with Vista SP1 and some sound and ethernet devices. I would check for updates to those first.

tried those still getting the same error lol also i have noticed a new one has started :(
page_fault_in_nonpage_area
0x00000050 (0xed3a008 0x00000000 0x87ef9882 0x00000002)

unless i can narrow this down soon i may have to invest in some professional help to fix these problems which is really disappointing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom