Is Linux Actually Better Than Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add something. When I had DSL(broadband not the linux distro, lol.) I kept my computer hooked up to it all the time. With Windows it frooze after a little while. With Linux I had no problems. I used firewalls, anti-virus software, ad-aware/spybot and others in Windows. I still kept getting bombed with spyware and a virus every now and then. I did an experiment with Linux. I kept my computer on for a couple of weeks straight, while being connected to the internet with DSL. I purposely kept the firewall turned off and didn't use any other program to safe guard my computer. Now I DON'T recommend that any one else does this. It is not that smart of an idea, lol. But Believe it or not I had no problems at all. When I finally ran an anti-virus and spyware program I had nothing. If I tried that with Windows even for one day my whole system would crash.

Yes, I know. There are more people out there making these programs for windows. But you have to ask why it is so easy to infect windows, even with all the safe guards in place, while other os' don't have the same problem.

So Security is another one for me. as well as stability. And like it was mentioned above. I can customize linux the way I want to.

Damn, I can't keep any of my replies short tonight, lol.

Webwolf

i believe you wolf. virus writers know how easy it is to manipulate windows. its not so easy with linux or mac. the only reason i still have windows is to play games.

windows is to dos, as linux is to unix.

and yes thats the only problem with linux which is vastly changing.

ahhh, why don't they make all games in linux? is it because linux isn't so popular? does running games in linux change anything as if you were in microsft?

cause its easier on the software makers. writing programs is harder for linux than windows. linux is becoming more and more popular.

ahhhh. sorry so many questions on this linux buissness...just found out how good it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom