Odd problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khades

Solid State Member
Yesterday I bought new RAM. I wasn't totally sure if the RAM was the correct one. I know it was the right DDR but i'm not to sure about the speed. Anyway I put the ram in and it says im mising something like System32/divers/nvsy (i tihnk it was nvsy, not sure). So im like w/e and take the RAM out. So then the computer works totally fine. A couple hours later i decide to try and put it back in. This time i go to put it in and it i turned my computer on and you could hear the fans for a couple of seconds and then they would stop. And then all the sudden the comp would go back on and i would hear 3 beeps. they went: 1 short followed by 2 long.

I decided that it must be the rAM or someting so i take the RAM out. I go back and again I get the beeps. Also it isnt connecting to the monitor per say. Like the monitor just stays totally blank when i plug it in. I dont have an onboard graphics card. The place i plug the monitor into is pretty loose too. Any help is awesome, thanks.

EDIT: When i say take the RAM out i mean take the NEW ram out, not the old one, i never touched that.

No need to bump I'll answer it. Is this a pre-built computer like an Acer or Dell?

Okay. Well it says compaq EVO on the case. But i bought it from a LAN center that was closing about a year ago. I know it has a graphics card put in there.

Ok here you go these are the beep codes for your BIOS: Compaq Beep Codes. Sounds like it could be a RAM or Video Card problem. Looking at your fan on your video card in the video it looks like it isn't running very well. Try cleaning that and getting it to run properly again. Reseat your RAM and only put one stick in. If that one stick doesn't work try the other stick in the set.

Ok here you go these are the beep codes for your BIOS: Compaq Beep Codes. Sounds like it could be a RAM or Video Card problem. Looking at your fan on your video card in the video it looks like it isn't running very well. Try cleaning that and getting it to run properly again. Reseat your RAM and only put one stick in. If that one stick doesn't work try the other stick in the set.

So i reseated the RAM. There's no beeping now and it doesnt power off and back on, but there is still no picture on the monitor. Also all i have keyboard in and when i hit caps lock there no light. And the video card is still making that sound and it's fan is spinning slow. I cleaned it. Maybe it's just broke? Im pretty sure it's fried. When i tried fixing this problem last night it smelled like something was burning.... (it's an nvidia).

Alright while i was typing this i had the computer running and it powered off again and started the same beeping.

The next step to try is reseating or, if that doesn't work, switching your video card.

So if it doesnt work will i have to buy a new video card?

Also I'll reseat after school tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.

Okay first. Have patience. Do not bump or post again. This is considered spam. If there is not a answer within 24 hours then post again. Until then wait patiently till someone answers. If you continue to bump your topics they will get closed.

If it doesnt work you dont necessarily have to buy a new video card. Just try a different one. If you have another one available. If not then try onboard if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom