Solid State Member
Hi all,

yesterday I built a PC with these specs:

Asus P5N-E SLI mobo
Inno3D 9600GT 1GB graphics card
4GB RAM
Seagate 500GB HDD
Inbuilt Atrix Extrerme Power 520w PSU

It's up and running but after about 10-15 minutes it just freezes and stops (this is the third time of trying to post this thread!). The only way to get out of it is to reset the computer - Task Manager doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

check your temps. use nvidia control pannel and speed fan to monitor. my dads quad core build suffers from this as well. try trying different sticks of ram or taking one out.

have u connected it to the net yet? you might have a virus, see if u can boot into safe mode w/ networking

checking my temps tomorrow after putting some high quality thermal grease on the processor. i'll test the ram too.

i connected to the net but only to microsoft and stuff like that. it was running better before i connected but not well - it took four attempts to install windows.

i'll let u know, thx.

it took four attempts to install windows.

i'll let u know, thx.

I wonder if its a bad or corrupted windows installation? Reason why I'm thinking this is why wouldn't a basic windows component like task manager not work?

Double check the power supply is hooked up to everything correctly and temps also like suggested.

the temps are fine when running bios - i'm about to hook up a temperature guage to let me know what the heat is when runnning windows.

maybe about windows being corrupted and the hard drive sounds ok. psu is fine.

i'm thinking that it might be the graphics card - that's by far the hottest component. it only crashes when i try to do something - for two hours it was fine but then i pressed the start button and it died again.

The GPU is designed to tolerate higher temperatures, and if it's just idling there's virtually no way it could possibly be getting so hot as to cause system instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom