Intel going 64bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
With the apparent upcoming advantages of 64 bit computing, I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything about Intel creating a 64 bit cpu for home consumers. I think my friend told me that the Xeon server cpu is....but its also not compatible with windows.

I can't believe that Intel would be sleeping and letting AMD sweep the upcoming 64bit action. Do they have any plans for a mainstream consumer 64 bit cpu?

ur correct, the xeno processors are 64-bit.

intel believes that technology isn't ready for 64-bit computing as yet. there is no software for it, which is true. so they have no current intentions of going 64-bit in the near future.

you are very wrong about software for it...wait...do you mean like games? or os's, because there is linux...which i think i'm gonna go.

well, 64-bit has really helped amd with the consumers . . .

i think it was more of a marketing ploy than it was a technological advancement in desktop cpus . . .

but its working out good for amd . . .

and intel, is trying for higher clock speeds, which is another marketing ploy

shame on u compy. of course i know about the os. but there isn't much else to utilize these capabilities.

glad to hear your goin to linux, u'll luv it, trust me.

well, anyone know how long the full transition from 32-bit to 64-bit will be? i'm thinking at least another 4-5 years . . . then around 2020, we'll go into 128-bit

now thats better, wait. are you implying that i sound dumb, but actually not that dumb??

yea mayb another 4-5 years. but 128-bit computing, i don't it will be here by then. its over a decade we have been using 32-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom