The hideous pitfalls of the X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definatly something wrong with your card. I am using a Radeon 9800 PRO (128 Mb) and I get like 60 FPS with EVERYTHING on Ultra quality.

agex000 said:
There is definatly something wrong with your card. I am using a Radeon 9800 PRO (128 Mb) and I get like 60 FPS with EVERYTHING on Ultra quality.

Read what has been already discussed before making your comments with such confidence. It CAN'T be a hardware problem because my synthetic benchmarks are super-high plus some things such as the Ruby demo and DX8 games play beautifully.

I basically have the same comp minus a different brand of ram.

And my card is the 9800xt, this is definitely an error because no matter how bad the X800 got beat by the 6800, there is no way my 9800 would even come close the X800 should score about 40% higher than the previous gen of cards

I would try to get a replacement, or try it in another system.

slvrstang said:
I basically have the same comp minus a different brand of ram.

And my card is the 9800xt, this is definitely an error because no matter how bad the X800 got beat by the 6800, there is no way my 9800 would even come close the X800 should score about 40% higher than the previous gen of cards

I would try to get a replacement, or try it in another system.

What is your 3DMark03 score?

yeah i ahve a 9800 Pro and thats what i get. want a better score? get a better card...

Okay so lets try eliminating some causes:
1) have you tried a couple of different driver versions, better yet have you tried the omegadrivers (www.omegadrivers.net)
2) did you do a fresh install when you installed your card (if not could you do one to wipe everything clean)
3) do you have the absoulte latest version of directX and all the latest windows updates
4) could you maybe try taking your card and putting it in another computer to see if it works there. If it does its obviously a prob with somehting else in your comp. If not its obviously a prbo with your card.
5) FINALLY, if none of these thigns work i would call up the place where you got it from and demand a refund or a replacement

sithspawn said:
The thing is - they ARENT generally decieving. I agree that this time, nvidia have come out on top. The thing is - if you have a high score in 3dmark03, and your FPS are bad in a game like doom 3, then theres obviously somehting weird happening. It cant be a faulty card cause then the 3dmark03 score would be bad. But there has to be a problem because the x800 cards are supposed to be able to play doom 3 at very high FPS on very high settings.

You know what the problem with this is? It just isn't true. The x800 cards do not do a good job. Even previous generation cards have it biting dust.

but the x800 still pisses over all the previous generation video cards.

Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom