8800gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

elreece

Baseband Member
hi
jsut installed my new 8800gt an it worked fine turned on first try powered up fine then when i tried to load the drivers it keeps freezing half way through an goes to a blue screen an says a problem was dected an windows has shut down to rpevent any damage an says something about the hardware isnt installed properly etc, it is working an i pulled it out re mounted it eerything an i still randomly keep gettin this message at extremly random times some times after its been on for a hour or 2 sometimes after 5 mins it is starting to frustraight me as i checked my psu to see if it was powerful enough an it covers the recommended specs does anyone have a idea why this keeps happening, when installing drivers and jsut randomly searching or palying games thanks

Wow, seriously, grammar dude. There was no periods in that at all....

Anyway... Boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Download/install DriverCleaner Pro: Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com and also download the latest drivers for your 8800GT while you're in there.

FOLLOW THE README FILE INCLUDED. It instructs you on how to use it properly.

sorry about the grammar ill be more careful in future.
Anyways, after doin what u suggested it is still freezing at random times, the latest drivers are installed and it is still sometimes freezing when loaidng up or after a hour of gaming or general computer use any one have any ideas?
thanks

If it is freezing after a hour of gaming load ATiTool. Sounds like your card is about to break the heat threshold and shut down your PC overall. Which would be even worse.

i dont think it is a heat issue becasue i am getting the same blue screen freeze if it is jsut idoling after its been on for somtimes 5 mins. It is very strange saying that the hardware isnt installed properly is there anything else that could be casueing this

update i have just noticed whent eh bluw screen comes up this code is usually at the top
IRQL_not_less_or_equal
followed by text saying stuff about hardware installation, does anyone have a clue about this an if so how to fix? thanks

It says that everytime bud. The important information is the hex code at the bottom. That tells you what's going wrong. The hex code looks like 0x00000001, 0x1F0054AC etc. Check your Windows even viewer to see if it knows anything about the problem too.

**** k what am i looking for in the event viewer (not overly computer confident)
thanks

IRQL is either a driver failure or a RAM problem. So run MemTest86 to test your RAM and see if you can find updated drivers.

done memtest no errors an teh BSOD are still happening an now new ones are occuring and more frequent.
Getting very tired of them would a complet wipe of my system and reinstall of everything fix the problem?
or can anyone direct me to a website with detailed instructions of how to fix this problem as uni restarts for me soon an i will need to use my computer again for not onyl gaming but work as well
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom