bad batch q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are overreacting to the bad batch. I'm sure you could still hit 3.4ghz with an Xigmatek cooler with some decent temps. They aren't bad processors because they don't hit 3.6ghz like the older ones. I think Intel spoiled us, lol.

Most of the "bad newer batch" does still hit 3.6ghz easily. Peeps are just noob clockers :p

You could.. now can you get that with decent temps?

I'd say stick with a e8400 or e7200 or something

i had a VId of 1.2850 and i got to 3.6 fairly easy for a client, eneed up putting it at 3.4 stable because he wanted it soon and i didnt have time to stablilize it. any q6600 kmakes it to about 3.2 for sure.

VID doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference for the q6600, and for that matter any cpu ive used.

VID doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference for the q6600, and for that matter any cpu ive used.

Some people say it barely makes a difference, like not noticable some people say it makes a huge difference like up to .8ghz and say either buy an old q6600 or buy something else.

Anyway by the time i build my rig the q6600 will cost peanuts

it seems to make lil difference to me and ive had 3 of em so far. all have reached 3.2 no problems all a fairly good voltages, about 1.3xV

x=<.05

hmm interesting, i was aiming to get up to the higher end of the 3 mark as in 3.6 to 3.8.
Anyone done that on air cooling with one of the new q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom