Linux installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 1 last question, if i wana install linux on my os HD, should i creat an other primary partition, or an extended one?

If Suse does it for you, you wont need to make one, if not you will need a primary partition which will type 83, and a swap partition which will be type 82, make the swap twice as big as your ram up to 256mb.Use fdisk or cfdisk to do that, probably wont be able to do it until after the Suse setup boots up from the cdrom.

ok i have installed suse on my pc, i rebooted,and it went in windows, i cant boot in linux. How can i do this?
I installed on 11 gig and 1 gig swat, it was auto chosen my suse

No clue, not sure how windowsXP boots or where grub is installed, if grub is accessible from windows you should be able to change it or edit it........see whats listed under c:\, also check the autoexec.bat file if windowsXP uses that.

Does Suse have a "live version" that runs off the CD without using the hard drive, if so you can definitely track down where the grub.conf file is and edit it using that.

When you boot from the CDROm what options does Suse give you?If there's a boot configure option, use it.

ok this is what i did. Installed suse on hda3 and hda2 is swap. xp is on hda1
Grub is installed on boot sector, meaning hda3? so i cant look at it from windows. No i dont have live one, and when i put boot cd, i get asked boot from HD, install, manual install, and useless stuff i cant remember. Maybe something in the bios?

i also have restor option when i boot up with the suse cd, could that be of any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom