need advice on a fast pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey guys

a family member has just asked me to look at building a pc for them the things they have said to me is that they want it fast

the things they would be useing on it is mainly internet use, file transfering, disk to disk copys (all above board befor you ask) and a bit of gaming

thay also said they want a lot of usb ports (6-10)

they also game me a price between £500-£700 that includes a mouse, keyboard (can be cheapest going) and the OS (windows vista home premium at £55 - £65 will do)

I'll be useing the website computer hardware, components, systems and peripherals at the lowest prices from IT supplier Aria Technology to get the parts as there just down the road from me and so on and such forth

and thanks guys

HDD: WD 640, Awesome Performance
640Gb Western Digital WD6400AAKS SATA - Aria Technology
CPU: Q6700
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.6GHz 95W (Retail 775) - Aria Technology
MB: Asus PSQ Pro
Asus P5Q PRO iP45 Socket 775 Motherboard - Aria Technology
GPU: 4850
ATi Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E2.0 - Aria Technology
PSU: Corsair 550
Corsair 550W VX Series PSU - Aria Technology
Mem: OZ Reaper
OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 Reaper HPC (2x2GB) - Aria Technology

That is about 460 pounds w/o your OS and Case & mouse/keyboard... You can choose any case of your choice, and also if he wants additional usb ports he can buy a pci card, so that's not a big deal.

i think the p5q pro comes with a 2 usb/1394 pci slot insert. it may be the deluxe that has that, and the pro has a firewire/SATA slot insert, i cant remember...

the P5Q is out either way she decided on a GA-P35-DS3R with 4gb of ram and a Q6600 like mine :freak:

some hdd's, psu's and the rest of the pc would be a help if any one has any options on them

and thanks guys

Some monitors also have 2 USB ports on them, which would add 1 for you

also you can always buy a $15 usb hub

but most new motherboards have plenty

4 gigs of ram will do you nothing if you dont buy a 64 bit OS......

A PCI slot upgrade for more USB is certainly possible but probably not needed....

your missing .5 gigs of ram.. that you could be using to its maximum potential. but 32bit restricts you to 3.5gigs

idk about you but i'd rather have my .5 gigs for my PC to use. but thats because i game alot. or unless your doing CAD work you really dont have much practical use for 4 gigs of ram....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom