Geforce 8500 GT not really working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoned Ape

Solid State Member
When I plug my monitor into my video card my monitor doesn't respond. It acts as if I unplugged my monitor. My computer doesn't recognize my card either. A friend of mine told me it was probably defective. Should I just return it?

you try re-setting it, and if you have onboard video, try that (make sure to take the 8500 out when you do) you might have to disable onboard video in your bios as well.

try checking your bios settings, maybe it is set to onboard , try setting it to auto.or set it to pci.

I just looked through every option in BIOS and I didn't see anything about turning off onboard video. However it is set to PCI already.

pci or pci-express it should be set to pci-express cause the card is pci-express not regular pci. and do you have another computer to test it in.

It is currently set to PCI-E (which I'm assuming is PCI-Express). And my onboard video card is currently disabled. Yet my card still isn't working. Both the CD drivers and the drivers I downloaded aren't detecting it. At this point I'm thinking I just have a defective video card. At least my onboard video is good enough for me to play games.

EDIT: Is it possible that my motherboard is simply not compatible with the card? The onboard video is ATI while the card is obviously not.

pci-e is pci express and if your motherboard has a pci express slot x16 then it is compatible. if you got it from newegg.com then there rma process is quite easy.

The are compatible or at least on paper are compatible. Anyway, I have already done the form for my RMA and will be able to print it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom