How does my new rig look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I read that. The way I see it if you can't sacrifice an hour of sleep for a couple days then you shouldn't be wasting any time on a computer meant for games like Crysis...

What is the benefit of sticking with AMD, is it really that hard to use a Intel based computer of a AMD one? AMD may be a little cheaper but if you pay $25 more for the most basic Intel quad core you will have a much better quad core then anything AMD makes.

What is the benefit of sticking with AMD, is it really that hard to use a Intel based computer of a AMD one? AMD may be a little cheaper but if you pay $25 more for the most basic Intel quad core you will have a much better quad core then anything AMD makes.

How is it better? You can't just say "it's better" and expect me to take that at face value. There has to be a reason... Remember, I have been out of the loop for awhile. Saying intel > AMD is like saying blue cars are better than red cars in my eyes. There isn't any apparent difference than the color.

AMD costs less but you lose a lot of preformence, and in some cases AMD costs more then Intel CPU's and they are not as good. Take a look at these benchmarks

CPU Charts 2007 - Tom's Hardware

The top of the line best AMD quad core loses to the absolute lowest Intel quad core.

1 Intel GHz =/= 1 AMD GHz

A Intel CPU clocked at 2.0GHz is about equal to an AMD CPU at about 2.5GHz for speed, and you can overclock the intel one more then the AMD one.

Ok so say I do switch to a Q6600 instead of the AMD. Will I run into any compatibility problems running an intel instead of an AMD? Also... Is this build decent, meaning will it do what I want it to without bottlenecking anywhere? Or should I just scrap everything and start from scratch? I'm assuming I could get a computer comparable to this for around $1100 shipped, even if I do have to assemble it myself.

Also, one last question regarding the video cards... I'm correct in thinking that crossfire 4850s will outperform a single 4870, right? Or should I scrap the video cards also and go with an nVidia something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom