How does my new rig look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only costing ~1100 shipped. Could you guys explain whats wrong with the current choices? I'll admit, I've been out of the loop as far as high performance computers go for about 6 years so I'm not really up to date on all the current stuff.

As for the AMD over intel, I guess you could say I'm a fanboy lol. I've always used AMD CPUs so I'd prefer to stick to that. Intel CPUs (from what I've seen) tend to cost a bit more and I'm not looking for top of the line parts here, just something that can actually run some of the current games. If I could get an intel CPU for around the same price that would give a noticeable performance upgrade I'd go for it though.

What's wrong with the HD and video cards? And yeah, I forgot that I can get a copy of vista from school for pretty cheap. So that's another ~100 I can shave off the price.

Nothing wrong really, but they are charging a lot more than its really worth..

Unless you have a monitor that goes above 1920x1200 resolution, don't worry about Crossfire, so just get one HD 4870 and be good for a while...

Good price, nice computer will be excellent for your needs, you could shave a few dollars off if you built it yourself, but not that much more than that. Good luck :D

Edit: PSU could be better

CyberPowerINC has been fairly close to self-built pricing lately, and they do great wire management. I wish I could work for their assembly line lol. That would be a FUN job.

Cyberpower offers the option to get a Corsair 650tx psu which I recommend getting.

I would get a Intel Q6600 which shouldn't be much more expensive but will give you better performance than the Phenom 9550.

Crap case.

Crap Power Supply.

AMD Cpu is crap compared to a comparable Intel.

Crap cpu fan.

Build it yourself, you'll learn a lot and have a lot of fun.

I agree with aspire.

Take some time and read a few guides on building PCS, go pick out some parts, we'll critize your choices and then you can order and build.

I went down the cyberpowerpc route 5 years ago, it was a bloody nightmare, they give you ****. And believe me, I can do a better wire management job then them numb nuts can. Screw cyberpower.

I guess you missed the aspect that he has no time :D

Granted, we could give him all the specs, and than it takes about an hour to build, and than wire management can come at a later time, but really it doesn't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom