Best onboard graphics option for an Intel mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-lynx

In Runtime
Hey guys, howz everyone doin?

i am looking for a cheap intel motherboard around the $80 mark to couple with my C2D E8400. Since I wont be adding a videocard anytime soon, I am thinking of getting a mobo with onboard video for now which offers me the option to add one later on.

I will raise my budget to not more than $100 if there arent many options under $80.

I ended up getting one by XFX like this after my higher end $230 MB died for the second time as a hold over, and to use in my second system when I upgrade, and I'm still using it with no trouble. The on board video is actually not too bad and can play some mild games, but uses some of the ram for the video as does all on board video. it also works well for a media center with the HDMI output built in, and it actually works pretty well with the HDMI for on board graphics. (had to try it out, but not what I use it for) this is the same setup as my XFX board (but holds more ram)but by ASUS. XFX bios really sucks and ASUS has a much better Bios setup. Not the most expandable MB but pretty good for a basic system.
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-EM HDMI LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100/nForce 630i HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Dauntae

I ended up getting one by XFX like this after my higher end $230 MB died for the second time as a hold over, and to use in my second system when I upgrade, and I'm still using it with no trouble. The on board video is actually not too bad and can play some mild games, but uses some of the ram for the video as does all on board video. it also works well for a media center with the HDMI output built in, and it actually works pretty well with the HDMI for on board graphics. (had to try it out, but not what I use it for) this is the same setup as my XFX board (but holds more ram)but by ASUS. XFX bios really sucks and ASUS has a much better Bios setup. Not the most expandable MB but pretty good for a basic system.
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-EM HDMI LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100/nForce 630i HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Dauntae

what do you think of intel gma 3100?

couldn't say, Have not dealt with that one. Someone else will probably chime in on the intel chipset.

Dauntae

gma 3100 isn't awful but it's still the worst of the current gen integrated solutions right now. The ATI HD3200 is by far the best one in terms of performance and can even be overclocked pretty high. Once OC'd properly it performs similar to a 8500GT if I'm not mistaken. Vernong was using one for a while and it was great for an integrated set up and not expensive.

^^ The HD 3200 is only available on AMD motherboards.

In my opinion the best option would be getting a p43 motherboard and adding a HD 3450 graphics card. They will cost $120 before mir's but will give you the best system in the long run.

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450/DI/256M Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom