Not open for further replies.

seacorb

Beta member
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz
1 GB of RAM
Dual SLI NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
EVGA NF-CK804 Mainboard
Windows XP Home Edition SP3

My computer freezes at random times, sometimes even less than a minute or two after startup, sometimes it can last for hours without freezing though.
My watercooling fan is not moving so I assume it is broken, but since my comp can freeze just seconds after startup im not sure its a overheating problem. I have a fan blowing into my case to keep it somewhat cool. I have reformatted several times so it I assume that means it is not a software problem.

Things you should know: My water cooling fan has been broken for quite some time, I don't know if that could have damaged any of my hardware or what not. Also sometimes when it freezes the screen turns to weird patterns, sort of like a combination of the TV color testing thing and TV static.

Hello,

Yes not having your fan going for a extended period of time could have damaged your hardware. espically the CPU. It can not run at high temps for long periods of time. You cut the lifespan onf the CPU down drastically.

So i would replace the fan first. See if that does anything to help stop the freezing.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom