Is this a good starter watercooling kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They def. won't deliver on monday, I ordered stuff on thursday and i'm not going to get it until next thursday >< it sucks, oh well holidays FTL

to have a silent pc?

from my experience... sound levels are hardly any different... sure you can concentrate sound in certain areas of the case... but you still need to put a 120mm on the 120mm radiator... or if you use a 240mm radiator, your using 2x120mm fans... some people even double up fans so 4 for a 240mm radiator...

not to mention to get good performance with low speed/low noise fans you'd probably want the expensive radiators... which thus blow the prices out of proportion anyways

and meh, I cant see a 120mm radiator giving temperatures much better then stock... if anything it might be worse since GPU's put out a buttload of heat

from my experience... sound levels are hardly any different... sure you can concentrate sound in certain areas of the case... but you still need to put a 120mm on the 120mm radiator... or if you use a 240mm radiator, your using 2x120mm fans... some people even double up fans so 4 for a 240mm radiator...

not to mention to get good performance with low speed/low noise fans you'd probably want the expensive radiators... which thus blow the prices out of proportion anyways

and meh, I cant see a 120mm radiator giving temperatures much better then stock... if anything it might be worse since GPU's put out a buttload of heat

Do you not understand that the MCR series of radiators are optimized for low speed fans, just like the Thermochill and Feser rads are?

I guarantee you that my rig is loads cooler and quieter with the gpu under water than if it were on stock or even aftermarket air.

Gpu's don't actually put out that much heat. You looking at a single core clocked at a speed far slower than that found in a cpu and compared to a high end quad there is no comparison in terms of heat dump.

internally mounting a radiator requires INCREDIBLY good airflow.. i did internally in my ol' black pearl and my bottom mount didnt have high airflow... so my temps werent as desired.. so if you do it internally, you have to make sure the inside of your case is not incredibly hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom