Various Gigabyte Boards make my head hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Google has failed me again. :eek:
Can't see any real difference between these three board, the p45-ds3r, ds4 and ds5. Is the diffence only in there layout. I would get a dq6 but can't justify it :eek:

DS3R- Dabs Ireland - Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan 6SATA11 (GA-EP45-DS3R)

DS4- Dabs Ireland - Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan 6SATA11 (GA-EP45-DS4)

DS5- Dabs Ireland - Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan 10SATA RAID (GA-EP45-DS5)

Will be overclocking my Q6600 G0 (L738B238) so want a reasonably decent board for it. Is there a need to go for the DS5 over the ds3r?

(DQ6 Dabs Ireland - Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 ATX Audio Lan (GA-EP45-DQ6))

Also, look at this case. Used and missing the accesories which I assume is the coolant. Wonder if its worth the risk over my Raidmax Sirius Case and OCZ Vendetta II HSF choice
Dabs Ireland - Thermaltake Tai-Chi Super Tower with liquid cooling system (VB5001SNA)

Ahh here we are:
Gigabyte Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a good bit-tech or maybe hardocp gigabyte review that explained all the different letters, but I can't find it. This gives a resonable idea.

Credit to Gigabyte, although there is a fiendish number of boards with very similar names, you can usually decrypt them by knowing what all the numbers and letters mean. Asus, for instance, and most others, make you wade through the spec sheets for hours before you finally find out what that extra £10 went towards when you bought a 'premium' over a 'deluxe' over a 'pro'. It usually something useless like 'an extra sata cable bundled'

Ahh here we are:
Gigabyte Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a good bit-tech or maybe hardocp gigabyte review that explained all the different letters, but I can't find it. This gives a resonable idea.

Credit to Gigabyte, although there is a fiendish number of boards with very similar names, you can usually decrypt them by knowing what all the numbers and letters mean. Asus, for instance, and most others, make you wade through the spec sheets for hours before you finally find out what that extra £10 went towards when you bought a 'premium' over a 'deluxe' over a 'pro'. It usually something useless like 'an extra sata cable bundled'
Ohh, that explains things a little better. DS3R= Durable, Overclocking, Raid & 2 extra Sata. The great DS3R in a nutshell :)
@Veedub, have that board at the moment, great little board :D,however I have the chance to offload it for a little under the price of the p45 board so that why I was asking about these, thanks though

Ya i moved mine into my media rig, its running 24/7 with an e2180 :)
And bet its reliable as ever!:) Ultra Durable Capacitiors etc. etc.
How high is that e2180 clocked in it. I have 3.2GHz out of an e6320 with stock cooling, partially thanks to good ventilation, the rest is thanks to the board. :cool:
Hope my GA-P45-DS3R is as good (DS5 is similar in features but there's a big price difference so I'll get the DS3R and an MCH cooler)

Since its just my media rig, i have it running stock with an af7. I dont need the extra speed, so no point adding even more heat to my apt.

I would love to build a media rig. I just don't have the extra cash at the moment. yeah those gigabyte boards are all similar, have to read up on it first to make sure you got what you need, raid etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom