4870 X2 power req?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? hmm, I guess the hype of the tuniq and af7 overshadowed it. Alright.

Any other motherboards I should be looking at? or is that pretty much the best at that price range.

Ok, is there something with a better layout, even if its 50 or so more dollars. I really hate the location of the sata and power connection on that biostar.

I have five sata devices.. lol

I highly recommend the xig Rifle... I've never had to worry about my temps with it.
Pain to install though

You have 1500 bucks, and you want a new motherboard, CPU, graphics card, case, and power supply. So pretty much, a whole new computer :p.

Panzer said:
The case and gpu come out to 960 usd

What case are you getting that's gonna cost you 400 bucks?

If you can find a case for around 200-250, you can use the extra 150 bucks on these:

Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The Maximus II Formula from Asus. Supports 8 SATA drives, 16gb memory, 2 pci-e 2.0 x 16 slots. Nice overclocking.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

The Q9550, as mentioned earlier.

These two parts will cost $595 together, but I think it's worth it if you can afford them.

You have 1500 bucks, and you want a new motherboard, CPU, graphics card, case, and power supply. So pretty much, a whole new computer :p.

What case are you getting that's gonna cost you 400 bucks?

If you can find a case for around 200-250, you can use the extra 150 bucks on these:

Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The Maximus II Formula from Asus. Supports 8 SATA drives, 16gb memory, 2 pci-e 2.0 x 16 slots. Nice overclocking.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

The Q9550, as mentioned earlier.

These two parts will cost $595 together, but I think it's worth it if you can afford them.

Lian Li PC-P80

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-P80 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases :D

I might just get the Formula, for 114 more dollars, it's pretty nice. I can fit in somehow.

(I do have terrible budget restraint)

The xigmatek is considerably better than a Tuniq

for the price/performance yes, but both the TRUE 120 and tuniq are better than the rifle. theres also the ocz vendetta 2 which is about as good as the true(best), get sum tx-2 with either and youll be set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom