Video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimullet

Baseband Member
I built my computer, and I did a lot of homework before I did, but I'm still pretty new to everything. For my video card, I preordered an ATI Radeon 9600XT. The way they were talking about/advertising the thing, I figured it was the way to go. From what I've heard, people are saying the same thing. However, mine has just quit working, it seems. I want to know if other people have had these problems, or if mine is probably damaged somehow.

Whenever I'm playing games that seem to stress the system at all, my monitor will suddenly go black, with a message that says, "no signal detected." I can hear other things working still, but then the whole thing just stops, and though my computer is still on, I'm getting nothing from it. Sometimes, before the "no signal detected" message on my monitor, I get one that says, "out of range." The "no signal detected" message is the same thing the monitor says when my computer is not on, but I turn the monitor on (which makes sense, but I thought I'd clarify.)

Counter-strike often comes up with a really not pretty screen of random colors, sometimes Ghost Recon crashes, I've had problems with Neverwinter Nights crashing, Doom 3 randomly crashes while I'm playing (despite the fact that I installed the new beta drivers that supposedly make the game run better), and the Counter-Strike: Source beta always crashes after about 2 or 3 minutes. I wouldn't think much of the beta crashing, but it does the same thing the other games do when they crash, and since it seems to me so much of a problem with the other games, I figure it can't be normal, even for that beta....

I e-mailed ATI's support, and all they did was send me an e-mail providing FAQ's for game problems, and a couple of links to pages of theirs for problems with games. I went through all the relevant ones, and, well, as I expected, here I am, and it still doesn't work. This has really been troubling me, especially since I spent $200 on the video card - I figure, for that kind of money, it should work. My main questions are: Do my problems seem like problems just with the games, or does it sound like something is physically wrong with my card? Has anyone had the same problems? and What can I do?!?!?!?!?!? :( :confused:

have u overclocked ur graphic card? if yes, put all the speed back to the default.
if no, you get the same trouble with me while i'm using my old geforce 256ddr. it always crashed when i start to play games. and then i found out that one of my memory chips was malfunctioning. so i take the warranty to get the new one.

I haven't overclocked the card, except I am using the "overdrive" feature, which is a feature that the ATI drivers support for overclocking, without voiding the warranty. However, it only overclocks a little, and it only when it's safe with the temperature, and whatnot. I actually started overclocking it with that to see if it helped any, and it seems to work the same as it did before - or not work...

Anyway, I think I'll talk to someone at ATI, unless anyone else has any suggestions...I'm to the point where I don't know if I want to trust them anymore, and I'd like to see about getting my money back and getting another card, with the problems I've had with this one. Does that sound possible? Or will they probably only repair it/give me a new one?

yep, i think right u contact someone at ATI, and i think they'll give u the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom