Monitor 'ghosting'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowlingBarley

Beta member
let me start by saying I'm not tech savvy, at all. Consequently, I appreciate anything you guys can do. I have a semi-new 19 inch Samsung monitor. It was fine at first, but now there is a slight blur directly to the right of everything. I hit the auto adjust button on the front and it didn't fix it (not surprisingly). I messed around in the menu but nothing I changed made a difference, so I changed it all back.

The menue says I'm running in:

Analog
48.3kHz 60Hz NN
1024x768

do you guys need system specs to help me? Could it be a video card problem?

Thanks

Hello,

What is the monitor type? I have a Samsung 930BF. It should be right on the top left corner of the monitor. It sounds as if the response time isnt that great or that the grey to grey scale isnt that great which can cause ghosting like effects. Without knowing specifically what monitor it is we cant tell you for sure.

Cheers,
Mak

It is a SyncMaster 940BX, the ghosting comes and goes, right now you can barely see it. Last night when I posted, the left most half inch of the screen 'faded in' from black (because the blur goes directly right).

EDIT: Any possible solutions you can point to would be great, thanks in advance.

I see nothing in the specs. Could jsut be your monitor is getting old. Get it checked out or try a different monitor.

Hello did you try what i said above? Did you try a different monitor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom