Finally ready for a NEW 22 monitor! (suggestions needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rican, its not a real 120hz.. its pretty much similated like the tv's.. its not possible to run 120hz through DVI, max is 72hz at 1680x1050 if i remember right

its just two 60mhz chips side by side to simulate it.. you know like the samsung tv's that give the crazy movements and whatnot

think i learnt that in media, by doubling the hertz, it increases the fields of the signal, which makes it look smoother when really its just duplicated frames played faster.

I just found a similar one with over 1700 reviews and 5 stars. Anyone got anything against this monitor? seems like a better bang for the buck than the hanns, but once again I have never bought a monitor before.

Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - LCD Monitors

If anyone got time, can you explain to me the contrast ratio? (no clue what that is)
And its 1000:1 and 700:1 HUGE difference?

i have a samsung 226BW with 3000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time colors are very very good, when i bought this it was side by side with benq HP and acer , and seeing samsung's display just blow me away, it just my thought tho.....

I use a 22" Dell and it's great, No dead pixels, shipping box is great for taking it to lans.

Bought the nicer tilt/rotate/height/angle stand on ebay and the mounting on the back is universal dell so it's awesome for that reason alone. I paid $311 shipped for it about 2 years ago...

Is it worth it buying a used monitor? I can get 30 bucks savings at max, and not sure if its worth the risk.

Also, still looking for the ratio contrast question?

Anyone know if Acer has a no dead pixel policy?

Most companies do not offer a dead pixel policy.

If you are really worried, buy from Brick and Mortar store and if it has any return it. Most online stores will not accept that as a reason for return unless it has something like 7 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom