CPU too hot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the feeling that you have it mounted terribly. Because even on the stock intel heatsink for my q6600 i got max 62c on full load. Idle around 37-40. Grab some tx-2 thermal paste, apply it, and do a very good reseat of the heatsink.

The heat sink is backwards dude. U want the fan on the other side so it blows air through the heatsink and out through the exhaust. Here is a pic of mine. Airflow needs to be going in the direction of the arrows. Just take the cooler, off, make sure ALL of the pin things are pushed down and secure. This should fix your problem.
heatsink.jpg

yea i'm pretty sure braz has it right, my q6600 only get to like 63 on max load, and it's oced to 3.2 GHz.

@ braz:

The fan facing the CPU Cooler fan is blowing inside the case....

He said he has the rear fan as an intake fan rather than exhaust (that's what I gather from that quote, anyway).

@ OP: if it is backwards, try flipping it so its exhaust, and then turning your AC7 so the fan is on the side of the front of the case; see if that helps any.

are you sure your rear fan is an intake? I have never heard of that... put a paper towel near it and see if it sucks or blows (no pun intended lol). My watercooling kit from petrastechshop will be here tuesday, anyone need an arctic freezer7pro? $20 lol

I would flip it around and make it exhaust, i doubt the fan in front of his case is exhaust.... thats just not right. Then flip the heat sink the other way. Temps should drop like 5c at least. I dont like my AF7pro, dissapointed me.

Mine was wonderful on my e6750...but I decided to get something a big better, for around the same price as a new AF7 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom