My computer crashed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any other computer(s) that can burn CDs..I've tried having my friends do it for me.. but since it happened theyve been working..so they haven't been able to do it..
I switched hard drives, like I said.
That didn't do it.
So I put my hard drive back in, and switched out the 1g ram stick I recently got for my bday and switched it for my old 512.
and it worked.
Im still finishing the set up, but now its the actual setup rather then the 'blue screen,' install.

Why/how/what is the reasoning behind that happeneind to the ram?
I just got my 1g stick no more then...3 months ago.

Well, use memtest with a floppy to be sure its the ram, and if it is then it should still be under warrenty and you can take it back.

RAM is fragile stuff, electric shocks can make it unsusable sometimes. Actually, try it in other slots and see if the same thing happens. It is possible that its a bad slot on your MB.

Okay, so I had everything working and back to normal.
I got bored, so I decided to see if it was that one slot on the mb.
Put a stick in that slot..doesn't start, flashes a blue screen and goes into a restarting frenzy/circle.
So I take it back out, put it in the one I was using that I just had my computer working with, and it does the same thing.
I tried 4 sticks of ram.

My 1g stick, which, initially caused the problem, (I think.)
So I switched to my 512, which was what I had it working on, just last night..and now that one won't work.
Then, one, 256 stick from my moms computer, and then another 256 from my moms computer.
Same thing happened on all of them.

Then I took my hard drive, and put it into my moms computer, tried all 4 pieces of ram there..and same exact thing.
I can't do anything via burnt cd or floppy, as I have no one to help me. i recently moved and have no one near me, nor know anyone close to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom