Is this worth $120?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to do that, that would be fine, I don't see you getting too much of an upgrade with the 900 mhz though, you will notice a little bit, but nothing extravagent.

Thanks for the help guys now one last question, will there be a big difference in a $500 build compared to a $800 one?

Here's what I have worked out for the $500:

CPU - $150
Motherboard - $100
Ram - $50
HDD - $50
PSU - $50
OP Drive - $25
Case - $75
Total - $500

Depends on the particular parts. But Figure for another $300 you can step up the cpu to a nice quad core, drop another $100-150 on your vid card (are you even gaming on this?) and double your ram.

As I recall you were just doing music/vid editing and similar applications, correct?

With 800$ you could afford a Quad and a 4850. While with 500$ you'd end up with a E7200 and an 8800GS.

If you don't feel like dishing out the extra 300$ thats still great. Cause even a 500$ set up is kick *** now a days.

Well I bought it and I'm happy with it so thanks again for the info guys. Now that I have it I'm gonna start looking into overclocking so I can get as much out of it as I can :D

Could I use this card inside this computer along with the onboard nvidia to do a dual monitor setup? I posted the computer specs earlier in this thread but if you need more info just let me know.

1000662jw4.jpg

No it wont work that way, However as a general rule dedicated video is always better than onboard. Go ahead and install it. What is that exactly? A TNT2 or something?

OK that card is beyond old, but since this is a hold over machine there is no harm in using it.

All dedicated video cards have several distinct advantages over an IGP, they are:
-dedicated video memory (it wont use your system ram)
-good 2d acceleration (windows desktop is faster)
-better 3d acceleration, with exception to the newest of the ati and nvidia igps, dedicated cards will always have better performance.
-higher resolutions supported.

so stick that puppy in the agp slot and it will have to do while we build you a new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom