Computer Want Boot After Cd Rom Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTRAMP

Beta member
Last Night My Cd Rom Died And I Got A Used Hp Ltn-486s From The Computer Shop, Note That My Pc Is Not Hp Not Sure What It Is I Was Used So I Install The Cd Rom Drive And Now When I Try To Start The Computer It Say I Don't Have A Primary Master Or Primary Slave And That Ntldr Is Missing Press Ctrl+alt+del To Restart, But That Dos Nothing. Yet If I Unplug The Interface Ribbon The Computer Will Start And The Only Thing It Says Is Missing Is The Primary Slave. What Causes This And How Do I Fix It Thanks For Any Help

You should check the jumpers on your drives (hard drive(s) and cd-rom) to make sure they are set correctly.

And What Exactly Is Going On With Your Typing?

-Chase-

It seems like the master slave config issue. One thing you could do is look at the old CD drive you disconnected and see if its configured as a master or slave. Mostly its marked on the CD drive( How to set the jumpers to make it master, slave etc). If the old CD is set as slave set your new CD as slave and connect to the same connecter end. IF the old cd is master set the new one as master.

Good luck to you
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom