bad batch q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty sure that you could overclock to at least 3GHz even if you got one with bad VID

And as you said Q6600 is currently selling at cheap price ($189 or under). It is a good processor for the money, regardless of the bad batch

You could.. now can you get that with decent temps?

I'd say stick with a e8400 or e7200 or something

The Q6600's now I bet are still better then the former non-G0 ones.

Q9550's sound delicious.

Well if thats the case then they are still pretty good. I got my B3 to 3.6Ghz ages ago, but only had to downclock it because it didnt like rendering so much (uses 100% of all cores all the time) but games were fine and i remember it being orthos stable... Still my point is - that wasnt a G0.

I think people are overreacting to the bad batch. I'm sure you could still hit 3.4ghz with an Xigmatek cooler with some decent temps. They aren't bad processors because they don't hit 3.6ghz like the older ones. I think Intel spoiled us, lol.

Ya, as soon as i can get my hands on an e0 9550 the q6600 is going into the sli rig. Seeing as no one is interested in all of the wonderful parts i have i'm just going to build a 2nd rig.

that might be true, but you have to have a newer motherboard that can hit higher fsb, plus the cheapest 45nm quad is still more expensive than a q6600.

Bought myself a Q6600 off ebay last week, arrived in aCore 2 Duo box with the specification part scribbled out and Quad written over the Duo part, then I was told it hadn't worked in his pc and he had to sell it??? Hmm, not sure if I will return it or not, but if these batches are coming out then I may well rethink this idea and keep it, at least there's no scorch marks! :)

Are the Q9550's very good, I can get them for about €250 when my Q6600 cost €150, i.e. Is it 66% better or even close to it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom