CPU too hot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silttor

Solid State Member
So I'm getting some readings on speedfan that are causing me to worry.

Temp.jpg

Ive even seen the Core temps go up into the high 70s and low 80s within minutes when gaming. Ive also cleaned the system for dust.

Any advice? Should I ignore? Consider getting additional cooling elements...if so does anyone recommend anything?

Thanks

Current System:
4 gigs of DDR2 800
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
Artic cooling freezer 7 pro
Intel Quad 2.4 ghz
APEVIA 520 W PSU
8800 GTS 640MB
Case has 2...120mm fans.

Make sure the heatsink is pushed on firmly. I know the stock ones can be a pain in the a$$ to fit as I have one too. That was my problem. Temps were in the 80-90 range. Clean all the thermal grease off it thoroughly then put a fresh layer on and make sure the heatsink/fan is on firmly. Dont be afraid to give it a bit of pressure.

Check to make sure your CPU heatsink/fan is properly seated securely on the CPU.

If it is seated firmly, you may want to remove it and reapply thermal paste. Make sure all the fans are running.

EDIT: 2 minutes too slow :p

You shouldn't have to get anything new, as you have a Core 2 Quad, and an Arctic Pro, so your CPU should be less than half of that temperature.

As the other two said, make sure the heatsink is on fully, and also make sure it's actually functioning.

So...I removed the CPU Cooler and cleaned off the thermal paste and re-applied more. Then re-attached the CPU cooler and made sure it was on tight.....

I turned on the computer and after a few minutes see this....

(Edited for carnageX)
Temp3.jpg

I MUST be doing something wrong.....

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

Anymore ideas ?

Something just occurred to me. Possible the CPU cooler is facing the wrong way ?

DSC01557.jpg

The fan facing the CPU Cooler fan is blowing inside the case....

The fan on the cooler sucks air in/blows it over the heatsink fins. So if your rear case fan is sucking air in, it's pointed the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom