DOOM 3 too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides that - There is nothing much u can do... The Doom3 engine is terrible.

The Doom3 engine is terrible.

watch your mouth young man!

if you have a radeon be sure to get those doom 3 beta drivers ati released.

do an auto detect in your doom 3 settings and its suppose to be able to play well. if im not mistaken, carmack said that the game will not run well on anything lower than a 64 mb card... is your card powerful enough?

ps running a next generation game on a laptop is a bit ridicoulus don't you think?

yeah just drop the thought of playing doom 3 or any new game on a laptop with ati 7500

ok, ok... I hear you, you're all right. Laptops are not designed to play modern games, however, the game runs so well on my friend's identical laptop. On high quality he can easily aim his weapons when there are two or three bots on the room. My laptop is obviously rooted in some way. I cant even place the mouse on the exit button without it taking 15-20 seconds.

By the way, I warn you all, dont buy anything from compaq/HP. Their computers are built very badly and although the support is friendly, repairs are frought with delays and human error. I will never ever waste one dollar on a compaq/HP product. What a mistake!!!

I'm off to sit in my room alone in the dark thinking about how good DOOM3 should be. "sigh"

Al

Total Immortal said:
Comp sounds too slow man. Radeon 7500? I think your card is too slow too. Games + laptops are gnerally not a great mix, especially brand new resource hungry games like Doom 3.
Yeah, Doom 3 is running at about 13 fps for me:(

Yeah. Laptop processors/graphics just can't cut it right now unless you have a Dell Inspiron XPS which is just a tank. I have a 3.06Ghz laptop with 512 ram and a Radeon 9000 and I can't even play UT2k4 so I wouldn't be suprised that you can't play the most graphics intensive game out to date.

you guys its at times like this when i say the one good true solution to fixing problems like this is to FORMAT ones pc.

i have been having lagging troubles with my pc on original half-life now thats bad.

so i formated and its working like a dream again.

but for those that are not willing to take such drastic measure's just follow my steps to better performance.

1: re-install xp
2: do a full virus scan with the latest virus defs.
3: do full scan disk.
4: defrag all your drives.
5: get rid of spyware. use a program for this.
6: go to run in the start menu and type "msconfig" and enter. you will come to the msconfig screen go to the start-up tab and get rid of the process you dont need.
7: run "dr.watson"

and if all else fails format.

e-mail me at deathincarn@hotmail.com if you want more help.

DEATH INCARNATE

My home gaming machine has an AMD Athalon 1.4GHz, 512MB DDR 2100, and a geforce3 64mb, and I can get UT2004 to run at 1280x1024 on normal/low settings across the board, 12 bots, any map, no problems. The only frustrations I run into are that the game loads really slow, and that it closes slowly. That's just 'cause my system is slow. Otherwise, besides not being able to have the max settings on and full-fog, I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom