bad batch q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeman8

Baseband Member
only joined you lot his morning and already you got me fretting over the lastest batch of q6600 are bad and wont hit high clock speeds?

how much truth is in this? are all new q6600 gonna be affect or most of em? half?

was planning to buy and build pc start of next year, now you got me thinking i should buy a q6600 now, or anyone think a new batch will be out by next year?

bugger you all lol would of rather been peaceful in my blissful ignorance :laughing:

*edit this include the g0 stepping version of the q6600?
*second edit due to panic posting lol, does a bad batch even affect the speed/overclocking that much? will i even notice the difference if i overclock it to say 3.6 maybe 3.8

doesnt affect speed it just affects overclocking, the old Q6600's used to get UP to 4ghz, but people used 3.6 daily, now your lucky if you can overclock to 3.4~, since the VID's are bad on them and just a bad batch, better things will have come out by the time you build a new pc, so dont worrie about it.

by better things i take it you mean new processors? i was after a q6600 for the simple fact its a cheap quad core that is easy to overclock it high

You know, you could go with an AMD quad core (phenom), they are not too expensive and they OC just fine.

But if you want a good processor now and from intel, go with an e8400/e8500. They are great OC'ers and they are cheap and perform the same/slightly better then an OC'd q6600.

nah aiming to build pc after christmas, like lukas said something better and hopefully same price will be out and kicking

by better things i take it you mean new processors? i was after a q6600 for the simple fact its a cheap quad core that is easy to overclock it high

I pretty sure that you could overclock to at least 3GHz even if you got one with bad VID

And as you said Q6600 is currently selling at cheap price ($189 or under). It is a good processor for the money, regardless of the bad batch

yeah but if i get a good 1 i can easily go beyond 3ghz which if im paying the same price as a good one, i would want my moneys worth

thats "if" for you though lol....a game we all play.
i could barely get mine past 3.2 without temps going haywire. with h2o i could have taken it further but...meh
then i got an e8400 and cloced it to like 4+ghz, and it SMOKED the q6600. and now i have a q9450 that is clocked at 3.7 (still going)and SMOKES the q6600. now i also have a q9550 for a customer with a VID of 1.15 :eek: which totally rocks. i ran the intel burn test on it @ 3ghz (for 15 passes) and the cores didnt go over 58*C (thanks for the link 3rdshift)...while my 9450 (1.25V current vcore) gets almost to 80*C.
thinking this one might hit 4ghz....as my 9450's VID is 1.225 and it is almost there.
what a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom