Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Dell inspirion developing bugs

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aquarius
Newb Techie

Default Re: Dell inspirion developing bugs

Could software cause a problem that would continue after a clean OS re-install? When my sister's laptop developed this problem, I tested it after re-installing Vista, before re-installing any of her programs. Another thing I forgot to mention, is the screen saver won't run. It really acts like something is sending "ghost signals". I tested a properly functioning Vista PC, and pressing a key will cancel One Note's highlighter, close hotmail's menu (and so on for all of the symptoms thay seem to have), just as it would cancel scan disc or the screen saver. It's not a stuck key, and there have been no typing problems like wrong, missing, or additional characters. I'm not even sure the occasional delay when typing is related, because that is very sporadic (probably something running in the background slowing down the system) and the other things are very consistant and constant. That's why I'm stumped. The keyboard is fine, and I assumed a program writing to the disc should have been wiped out with Vista re-install.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.