Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Dell inspirion developing bugs

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aquarius
Newb Techie

Default Re: Dell inspirion developing bugs

The strange thing is my sister's computer developed the same problems a couple of months ago. Although we are on a home network, I'm sure it isn't a virus we have a router with firewall and antivirus software installed, as well as Zone Alarm security suite on every computer in the network besides out of 5 computers on our home network, these are the only two with this issue and mione started a couple of months after hers. I thought the same thing (OS corruption) when her problem started, so I did a complete reinstall of Vista on her computer. It didn't fix the problem! That is what makes me wonder if it's a dell problem, as they are identical Inspririon 1501 laptops. After re-installing Vista on her systen I tested it before reinstalling any of her optional software or restoring her old files. The only thing that had been installed (aside from the OS, of course) was the drivers. On her system, like mine dell utilities found no hardware problems, and Zone alarm nor Windows defender found and virus/spyware. Scan disk will run from the CD and it found no problems on either system, and I tried windows file checker utility, also with no problems found. If you still think a hijack this log may be helpful, where can I get the utility?

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.