mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy. Just like the $10 optical mouse I bought for my laptop. Naturally it comes as a USB connected mouse. When you buy the thing, in the package with it also comes a little green connecter....why green? Cause green is the color coded to be the PS/2 connector in the back. The little connector has the USB Female end on one end, and right on the other is the male end of a PS/2. Got it? Basically to sum it up, the mouse is USB and it comes with a small little attachment that connects to the USB plug of the mouse so then you can plug it into the PS/2

OEM

Hey i was interested in buying this mouse and i came across this statement

OEM hardware (mice and keyboards) may only be purchased by registered system builders. If you are are not a system builder you need to purchase retail product.

who is a system builder, and how does oen prove he is a system builder?

rookie1010...

All that means is, unless you don't want your investment protected, get retail. For whatever reason the actual definition of OEM escapes me.

Right here you can buy a CPU for Retail:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80181-R

If you click here, you can get that exact cpu as OEM:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80180

When you buy OEM, you are getting JUST the processor, whereas if you get it retail you get the package, heatsink, fan, manual.
If you've put in your own memory then you can be technically called 'a system builder'. There is no proving ground or anything like that, its just buying OEM saves you money at the cost of any Warrenty. If you have a good heatsink and FAN for your CPU and you know what you're doing and you're gonna overclock it. You can go with OEM being that overclocking it voids your warrenty anyway =) but still, generally its not much more expensive for retail over OEM so generally I still prefer to go retail. Hope that clears some of it up

Heres the definition of OEM:

original equipment manufacturer
n. Abbr. OEM
A company that purchases computers or other complex components from manufacturers, adds other hardware or software, and sells the systems, often for specific applications.

Logitech MX 510, its a WOW mouse. I am really very impressed with its performance, thats Y had to take another trip to get the Logitech keyboard :). Logitech Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom