RAM question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcLaughlin

Baseband Member
Okay, yeah I read the Hardware Stickie Index and read up on everything that they showed me on RAM. To be honest, I didn't really understand it...

I'm wondering how I'll be able to tell what kind of RAM i need for my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude D505. I have two ram slots. One already has 512 MB, but I want to get it another gig.

I've been shopping around and I am looking at this one. Is this one okay? How can I tell if it is compatible?

THANKS!

Hello,

To find out what RAM you need and how much can be installed please visit:

Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com

They will be able to scan your system for you and give you all the information you need on how much and what kind.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks. So it's telling me to get:
* Module Size: 1GB
* Package: 200-pin SODIMM
* Feature: DDR PC2700

Do I neccessarily have to get it from Crucial.com? I've found some from Kingston and G-SKILL that are 30$ cheaper. And does it have to be PC2700? Or does that matter?

Yeah I don't know much about RAM. I never buy it. Can the one I linked you to above work?

Give us a screenn shot or the url of your scan. From there we can better suggest what you need. It should just be DDR PC2700 which you posted. As long as the RAM marches what you need it doesnt matter where obtain it from.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom