Just installed a new HD in Vista Ultimate, but cannot "see" it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a printer for Print Screen to work. Just press the button after you have the window open, then open up paint (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint), and then go to Edit > Paste. Your screen should show up now. Do a File > Save As... > and save it as w/e you want, wherever you'll be able to find it (change the file type to a JPG/JPEG so the file size is smaller). Now go onto ImageShack® - Image Hosting and click on 'Browse' and then navigate to wherever you saved the file. Click 'Upload' and wait for it to finish. Once it's finished, find the link labeled 'Direct Link' and then copy/paste that into a reply here.

CarnageX,

You guys rock! Thanks for your patience with me and I will do exactly as you have instructed.

Thanks again guys!

Freddy

CarnageX,

You guys rock! Thanks for your patience with me and I will do exactly as you have instructed.

Thanks again guys!

Freddy

Ok, here is the image I just copied. I am sorry because I could not understand how to copy the image when I was having trouble with not being able to format the new drive. I think it is now formatted. This image was taken when it was 98% done I think.

It seems to be working now.

Best of all, both of you have taught me how to upload a screen shot and I never even knew that was possible.

Thanks again,

Freddy

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2899/screenshot1sa8.jpg

And here is the screenshot I just took after the formatting finished. I think everything works now.

Thanks again guys!

Freddy

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1714/screenshot2vu0.jpg

Just one last note:

I heard so many negative things about Windows Vista, I did not dare try it!

Finally I was desperate because I just did not seem able to resolve major issues with capturing and editing HD TV signals.

I build a new system and installed Vista Ultimate....

Well, you may not believe this but it works so well...

Windows Media Center with a Pinnacle USB Stick Pro enables me now to capture Digital Signals [HD TV] with closed captioning (I have a severe hearing disability)!!!

I have worked hard for over a year to achieve this dream and Windows Vista has made it possible. I still have not tried to edit the captured videos but I think that is gonna work just fine too.

Thanks again for everyone here!

I appreciate everyone who has made this possible.

Have a good one!

Happy Freddy

Right now I feel just like I did when I caught this whopper of a fish:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5409/bigfishsu4.jpg

Keep up the great job guys and thanks a million times over!!!

Freddy the Fisherman

Glad you got everything working, Soarwitheagles. BTW, you might not want to multi-post so much...that's what the edit button is for in the bottom-right corner of your posts ;).

Also, it's usually a good idea not to believe most people when they say Vista is bad; I'm running Vista Home Premium on my laptop that I'm on right now, and it runs fine. Many people here as well run different versions of Vista,and they don't have any problems at all. The people who say it sucks, usually haven't even tried it and just follow what they hear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom