Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
AMD AthlonX2 5000+ 2.6ghz - $77
MSI K9N6SGM-V All-In-One - $48
1gb DDR2 800mhz G.Skill - $25
FOXCONN DH-839 + 250w - $60
Samsung SATA 160G - $40

No CD drive but want to be able to have one. I know generic PSU's are not the best but if i ever build a render farm it will be using these parts for cheapness.

(AUD Pricing from MSY)

It should be enough becuase apparently its an FSP (good brand), but dont expect to overclock it, and dont expect it to last long either - especially if u are rendering on it as rendering puts the cpu at a constant 100%.

How many r u planning to get for the render farm?

Eeek, lasting long is something very important....
How long are we talking???

Well, i have had cheap PSUs before around the 250w (althought that is a good brand as i said) and they have burned out within about a year, meanwhile my current one has been solid for almost 3 years.

Still i recon as long as its not rendering constantly that one should be fine. If it burns out...just buy another one, small ones are cheap.

We have some pretty hefty render farms where I work, not sure on the specs but I imagine that the PSU is probably just slightly higher than 250w.

Although you should check the amps on it instead of just going by the wattage.

lol man thats a wee little PSU. i'd drop a little more for a decent 350W at least. just me though. 20 bucks more for the psu is less than a whole 'nother computer.

lol man thats a wee little PSU. i'd drop a little more for a decent 350W at least. just me though. 20 bucks more for the psu is less than a whole 'nother computer.

Not when the PSU is included with the exact case you want. The only other choice i have is a 430W Thermaltake, and since 250w is adequate, and i want to keep bills down for pc's on 24/7, its the best option.

Cheap psu's are actually more expensive in the long run, since theyre not
very efficient and prone to burn out easily.

The best cheap quality psu's you can get are the Antec Earthwatts or Basiq line. All the Earthwatts are very power efficient, and can take a beating. Basiqs are pretty good too./

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom