How much is my computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please... Call me Steve :) ... I know what you mean about wanting to build it yourself and expand it as much as possible... but Apple always includes the VERY BEST in there comps especially now that Jobs is the CEO again. Everything is intergrated SO smoothly that i just can't help but feel bad for you people out there who can't even get you 802.11g card(trust me it's a pain in the @$$) to work so you smash your keyboard against the wall. MAC ARE JUST SO PLUG AND PLAY, it's never a problem.

I don't understand why you "need" windows XP <<< very unstable... you don't need Virtual PC in order to function in a PC world. Name one program for a i586 based platform. and i garentee you there is an equivilent for the PPC. :)

man, why has he got a 9600XT in it? they can have 9800XT's, didnt he have the money after getting the extra memory? even if he had the 9800XT, thats not that good at the moment, even look at the attached file, and u will see there are graphics cards lots lots better. 4Gb thats impressive. well the new AMD Athlon 64's (socket 939) have a FSB of 2.0Ghz, and a core speed of 2.4Ghz, but they can only use 1.0Ghz of the FSB until Windows 64 comes out, then we will begin to see the advantage of 64Bit CPU's! it'll be insane. i wonder if a dual Opteron (also AMD and 64Bit) computer, with 4gig of PC3200 would perform as good or better than the G5... also, about the super stable O/S i can see where u are coming from there, i love a solid O/S but i also think there are benefits with having one that isnt "perfect" because then you can learn how to fix problems when they happen, which, believe it or not, will happen - even with G5 running O/S X. better to have 10 PC users who have a general knowledge of problems encountered with Windows, than to have 10 MAC users trying to fix a problem they have never had before, and then end up having to go back to the mac shop (whatever its called :p) and get it fixed, and having to pay them to do it. also, with macs, there is no competition between companies to make the best components. With PC's there is heaps of competition between companies like ATi and nVidia, AMD and Intel, and - even though i hate to admit it - companies like Dell, HP, Compaq etc. because of these "competitions" each company is trying to make the best components, cheaper, and more reliable components. Also, who's computer wouldnt be fast without 4Gig of PC3200? i mean honestly. U could get an FX-53 and put 4Gig of Corsair XMS-XL, (best PC3200 ram on the market) run it in dual channel. and then incorporate a 6800Ultra with 256Mb GDDR3 in it and it would run UT2003, as well, if not better than the G5 and the picture quality would be heaps better because of SM3.0. Dont you find it hard to admit that Macs have ATi graphics cards in them? if Apple make everything else so perfect, why cant they make good graphics cards? believe it or not, im not even a Mac hater, i used to be, but im not anymore, i just had to say that, dont take it personally anakhy, im not a horrible person, i just had to get it out of my system. I used to hate macs just coz they were macs not founded accusations, i dont hate them anymore, i just like PC's more, because, like koldapu, i love building my own systems, it just makes you feel like you have acomplished something, and you can enjoy it more, knowing you made it. ;)

He bought it right when apple upgraded them, and at the time that was the best video option... i guess. He isn't rich, he just spends all his money on technology and entertainment(i mentioned he is on a cruise). he could not afford 8 GBs of RAM.

im not sayin he should, just that he should get a better graphics card, coz then UT2004 will run better than any game you have even seen.

that also might be different on a mac, i am getting 104 FPS right now... so that might not be correct.

Mac are bad for techs liek us because think about if you can have a computer with an OS even a dreaded user cant mess up were would would we make out money off of i persanily make on avrg about 1k a month reinstalling xp os's i mean this is great unstable OS's are a great money maker yeah mac are the $hit but come on ont every 1 can afford a 3k-5k computer with a 3k monitor

I think that Macs have come down dramaticaly in price in recent years... and i am not saying NOTHING goes wrong on my mac but it happens 1000 times less then on XP... You just have to use one for a second in order to fall in love.

Good Lord, if I hear one more person saying why a mac is better than a pc, or a pc is better than a mac, i'm going to go find whatever computer they hate and beat them silly with it.

come on guys. Macs work, Pc's work. You can screw up a mac, you can screw up a pc. Saying one is better is like saying a chevy or ford is better. it's purely 100% subjective.

I like macs. They are stable. They are fast. they are expensive.
I like pcs. They're more customizeable. they're fast. they're cheaper.

I use a pc because I don't want to spend $2500 on a computer to play games with my friends when I could build one for $500. However, if i'm going to be doing vidoe/photo editing, i'm going to use a mac.

stop whining about pc's/macs and just be nice to each other for the love of God! This forum is for developing a knowledge base and being able to ask questions to solve problems. Not to post idealistic "my stuff is better than yours" bullcrap!

sorry mods. really.

end_rant.exe

sethduncan said:
Good Lord, if I hear one more person saying why a mac is better than a pc, or a pc is better than a mac, i'm going to go find whatever computer they hate and beat them silly with it.

come on guys. Macs work, Pc's work. You can screw up a mac, you can screw up a pc. Saying one is better is like saying a chevy or ford is better. it's purely 100% subjective.

I like macs. They are stable. They are fast. they are expensive.
I like pcs. They're more customizeable. they're fast. they're cheaper.

I use a pc because I don't want to spend $2500 on a computer to play games with my friends when I could build one for $500. However, if i'm going to be doing vidoe/photo editing, i'm going to use a mac.

stop whining about pc's/macs and just be nice to each other for the love of God! This forum is for developing a knowledge base and being able to ask questions to solve problems. Not to post idealistic "my stuff is better than yours" bullcrap!

sorry mods. really.

end_rant.exe

I wish people would also act that way about Nvidia vs. ATi and AMD vs. Intel:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom